Harrison for Stallworth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Harrison for Stallworth

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 am

it seems to me like it falls under the "extremely" lopsided part of things to be vetoeable. Has stallworth EVER been better than Harrison? State-wise or physcial tools? (well I guess in speed). Ig uess if we are being VERY generous, we could say the qb's throwing the ball are close to a wash, and the eagles have the number one pass offense.

But I just don't see this being fair. Like I said, its harder when people play different positions, that it might be worth trading an "elite" Wr for a "good" rb. But stallworth is hurt, and until he is on the field, he is hurt. He hasn't earned as many fantasy points as harrison. He has never been as good as harrison. We know what harrison is capable of with Wayne taking balls, with stallworth, it looks like he will be up and down, especially with brown getting better by the week, and the eagles schedule getting a little tougher, and their backs being against the wall.

It seems to me the things "for" stallworth are unprovable/intangible. The evidence "for" harrison is at least quantifiable, especially since he is outproducing stallworth NOW, and the Colts have ahd their bye, and the eagles haven't. So if stallworth plays this week, he still misses another game anyway.

Meanwhile the harrison guy gets an extra game, with the player who is better.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Harrison for Stallworth

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:16 am

Matthias wrote:
mbrittb00 wrote:Also, this is a limited keeper league, where we keep 4 players based on their draft position from the previous year.


Question: what were the draft positions of Harrison and Stallworth? I could see someone in last place punting on this year, saying that Harrison is on the decline, Stallworth is on the upswing, and that in the games that he played Stallworth was the better producer.


Agreed, this owner may be looking ahead to next year... this is a keeper league folks.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Harrison for Stallworth

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
Matthias wrote:
mbrittb00 wrote:Also, this is a limited keeper league, where we keep 4 players based on their draft position from the previous year.


Question: what were the draft positions of Harrison and Stallworth? I could see someone in last place punting on this year, saying that Harrison is on the decline, Stallworth is on the upswing, and that in the games that he played Stallworth was the better producer.


Agreed, this owner may be looking ahead to next year... this is a keeper league folks.


Great point... Harrison is probably a 2nd/3rd round pick, while Stallworth may have gone in 9th/10th range.
Image

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3481
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:53 am

ohh keeper. Then nevermind. but stallworth is unsigned for next year, and if he keeps being hurt, he may not be with the birds.

I guess let it slide then.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Harrison for Stallworth

Postby mbrittb00 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:10 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
Matthias wrote:
mbrittb00 wrote:Also, this is a limited keeper league, where we keep 4 players based on their draft position from the previous year.


Question: what were the draft positions of Harrison and Stallworth? I could see someone in last place punting on this year, saying that Harrison is on the decline, Stallworth is on the upswing, and that in the games that he played Stallworth was the better producer.


Agreed, this owner may be looking ahead to next year... this is a keeper league folks.


Great point... Harrison is probably a 2nd/3rd round pick, while Stallworth may have gone in 9th/10th range.


Sorry for the delay (and the omition). Harrison is a 1st round pick (but he is non-keepable next year). Stallworth is a 6th.
mbrittb00
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbrittb00 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Also, the guy trading Harrison will have (for next year as keepers) Owens as a 1st, Steve Smith as a 2nd, and Gates as a 6th. The last thing he needs is another WR keeper. Although he did keep those three plus Harrison this year.
mbrittb00
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbrittb00 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:18 pm

More information. The guy trading Stallworth initially offered C. Williams (so he says, and I have not reason not to trust him). But was countered with Harrison instead of Williams.

The two guys involved are friends, but no more so than the rest of us in the league. I do not believe that Collusion is involved. The only reason that I bring this up is that the Harrison trader is at the bottom of the league (last place) and the Stallworth trade is at the top (2nd place).

Just seemed fishy to me and I wanted to see what you all thought.
mbrittb00
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:05 am

mbrittb00 wrote:More information. The guy trading Stallworth initially offered C. Williams (so he says, and I have not reason not to trust him). But was countered with Harrison instead of Williams.

The two guys involved are friends, but no more so than the rest of us in the league. I do not believe that Collusion is involved. The only reason that I bring this up is that the Harrison trader is at the bottom of the league (last place) and the Stallworth trade is at the top (2nd place).

Just seemed fishy to me and I wanted to see what you all thought.


If you don't think collusion is involved, then there's no reason whatsoever for you to veto. It's an "interesting" trade, but if you believe it to be on the up-and-up then let it go.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:32 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact