PBC - Week 8 - Colts @ Denver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC - Week 8 - Colts @ Denver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warhawk » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:56 am

Hey, I'm in.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Goody wrote:
Yeah, and notice how it was played in Indy. Our defense was also no where near where it is now. Denver is significantly better at home! Tatum will run all over Indy and the Denver Defense will shut down Manning (by shut down I mean only 1 - 2 TD passes, lol). Jake plays a solid game and Denver wins in a close one! I can't wait to see you guys with brown bags over your heads! :-b

Go Broncos!!!!

Orange Crush!!!!

Signifigantly better at home, eh? Is that why Mike Vanderjagt and the Colts kicked a game winning field goal against you at your precious Mile High on Sunday Night Football, 23-20 back in 2002? I seem to recall all the hype about how much the home field meant to the Broncos, only to see them go belly up on national television.

Image Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:13 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Goody wrote:
Yeah, and notice how it was played in Indy. Our defense was also no where near where it is now. Denver is significantly better at home! Tatum will run all over Indy and the Denver Defense will shut down Manning (by shut down I mean only 1 - 2 TD passes, lol). Jake plays a solid game and Denver wins in a close one! I can't wait to see you guys with brown bags over your heads! :-b

Go Broncos!!!!

Orange Crush!!!!

Signifigantly better at home, eh? Is that why Mike Vanderjagt and the Colts kicked a game winning field goal against you at your precious Mile High on Sunday Night Football, 23-20 back in 2002? I seem to recall all the hype about how much the home field meant to the Broncos, only to see them go belly up on national television.

Image Image

My point exactly. It will be a game at mile high instead of a blowout in the RCA Dome. 23 -20 is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the blowout losses suffered in the Dome. Denver's defense is world's better than those defenses were, and Indy is without Edge. Denver is taking this one!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Edge or no Edge, Broncos still can't get it done. Jake Plummer can't manage a case of the crabs let alone a football game.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Edge or no Edge, Broncos still can't get it done. Jake Plummer can't manage a case of the crabs let alone a football game.
:-b :~( :-b :-b

It should be a good game. But IMO no matter how good a Defense is Peyton Manning is the BEST REGULAR SEASON QB in NFL HISTORY. He backs it up time and time agains. He just needs to show it in the playoffs more than just against the Broncos. BTW, I think Colts win 24-17 or 24-14. With our new and improved D-line Portis got shut down so it doesn't look like Bell will do more.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Goody » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:50 am

Indys_time wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Edge or no Edge, Broncos still can't get it done. Jake Plummer can't manage a case of the crabs let alone a football game.

It should be a good game. But IMO no matter how good a Defense is Peyton Manning is the BEST REGULAR SEASON QB in NFL HISTORY. He backs it up time and time agains. He just needs to show it in the playoffs more than just against the Broncos. BTW, I think Colts win 24-17 or 24-14. With our new and improved D-line Portis got shut down so it doesn't look like Bell will do more.

Smart statement. Portis was hurt the whole game and didn't play most of the second half. I don't know how you can say Indy shut him down.

Tatum is going to run all over Indy's paltry defense. Denver defense will make Manning look like an average QB this week. Denver wins in a close one. 24 - 21. Colts get handed their first loss of the season. :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Indys_time » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Goody wrote:
Indys_time wrote:

Smart statement. Portis was hurt the whole game and didn't play most of the second half. I don't know how you can say Indy shut him down.

Tatum is going to run all over Indy's paltry defense. Denver defense will make Manning look like an average QB this week. Denver wins in a close one. 24 - 21. Colts get handed their first loss of the season. :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Still Even with Portis injured he is a better RB IMO than Bell. Portis is a beast compared to Bell. You out of all people should know that since you guys had Portis when he tore it up even more.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:10 pm

I'm not in for the PBC but I do think Indy will win. Broncos defense is overrated. Big deal - you shut down the Browns, Raiders, and Ravens. Stop the Colts, then I'll be a believer.

:-°
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:46 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I'm not in for the PBC but I do think Indy will win. Broncos defense is overrated. Big deal - you shut down the Browns, Raiders, and Ravens. Stop the Colts, then I'll be a believer.

:-°

also shut down the Patriots & Rams ON THE ROAD

we gave rams 5 turnovers & they got 6 field goals, never give up a td !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus its been snowing in Denver for days, supposed to be a blizzard all weekend, have fun Peyton
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Goody wrote:
Indys_time wrote:

DURAN, DURAN you like to talk alot of smack yet i noticce you have not accepted the PBC ???? scared ?
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting