Carthon Fired - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Carthon Fired

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carthon Fired

Postby KoRnholio » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 pm

(Rotoworld) Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon has reportedly been fired.
Impact: Cleveland fans should love this. Carthon was lambasted in the media for not involving Kellen Winslow in the third-down offense earlier this season and made news for his clashes with Trent Dilfer in 2005. Offensive line coach Jeff Davidson will take over the play-calling duties.
KoRnholio
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:25 am

Praise the lord! It took them long enough... Hopefully we can actually start the offense moving in the right direction now instead of hold them back
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 am

Offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, formerly a Patriots assistant with Romeo Crennel, will take over the play-calling duties.

I really don't know anything about this guy, but he's got to be better then Carthon....
JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 am

JEWMAH9701 wrote:
Offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, formerly a Patriots assistant with Romeo Crennel, will take over the play-calling duties.

I really don't know anything about this guy, but he's got to be better then Carthon....

My cat could call better plays than Carthon so it has to be an upgrade... If nothing else, it will should stur up some spark in the players
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:19 am

Good Riddance. :-°
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:53 pm

Should be interesting to see if they can get Frye and Winslow leading this offense. I really think they have the potential, as much as I hate them. The O-lin eneeds more health, but Braylon-Frye-Winslow could save this offense.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KoRnholio » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:22 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Should be interesting to see if they can get Frye and Winslow leading this offense. I really think they have the potential, as much as I hate them. The O-lin eneeds more health, but Braylon-Frye-Winslow could save this offense.

And if the passing game can get on track...we may see more of that RB...whats his name?

Oh yeah. Droughns. I almost forgot about him. :-b
KoRnholio
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Cleveland Browns