Favre still has it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre still has it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre still has it

Postby bellings » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:22 am

There has been some serious hating on Favre in other posts, but the more that I've been watching him, I think that he still has it. I don't think that there are many QB's that could produce like Favre has with the O-line that he's working with.

It seems like most of the time he gets into trouble he is either A) hit on his blindside by a DE that was virtually untouched, or B) trying to do "too much", but I put "too much" in quotes because it's usually when the Packers are screwed if he doesn't make some amazing passes, so he really has no choice but to force it into double coverage and hope for the best.

He's no Peyton or McNabb, but he's not washed up either.
bellings
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:31 am

I coulda told you he wasn't washed up. Bledsoe, Warner, and Brunell are washed up. Brett Favre is still decent.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 am

Its all a function of whether I start him or not... when he's on my bench, he still has it. When he's in my starting lineup, he goes into interception mode. :-b

But yes, the Packers are better than I thought they would be - surprisingly not the worst team in the league.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:05 am

I agree, if you watch the packers when they are playing with the lead, he still looks like the favre of old.

Like you said, when he starts throwing lots of picks, its usually when they are already down anyway, and its either make some amazing plays or lose, so he just throws it out there and decides that if he makes the throw, its an amazing play, and if not, at least he tried to make something happen.

having a strong running game also helps favre alot. He typically does worse in games where the runing game doesnt do well

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:06 am

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I agree, if you watch the packers when they are playing with the lead, he still looks like the favre of old.

Like you said, when he starts throwing lots of picks, its usually when they are already down anyway, and its either make some amazing plays or lose, so he just throws it out there and decides that if he makes the throw, its an amazing play, and if not, at least he tried to make something happen.

having a strong running game also helps favre alot. He typically does worse in games where the runing game doesnt do well

Yeah, the run blocking has been surprisingly good for such a young/inexperienced o-line

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 am

I'd say he still has it. And actually I like the direction Green Bay is headed. I think they started off playing their worst football and it only gets better as that O-Line gets more and more time.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:44 am

SniperShot wrote:Image

I'd say he still has it. And actually I like the direction Green Bay is headed. I think they started off playing their worst football and it only gets better as that O-Line gets more and more time.

In exactly which direction is Green Bay headed? They will not make the playoffs this year... Next year is pretty much in the toilet too as they have to get essentially a rookie who's had no playing time up to speed. That means that they are pretty much out of contention next year as well.

The Packers' offensive development has been put on a hold for a year to stage Brett Favre's farewell tour. He may still have it, but that doesn't make the Packers a playoff team. They are going to be a rebuilding team next year and the clock can't start until after this season.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:11 pm

They have a cake schedule... if they can pull out some wins... they'll be in contention for a wildcard spot.

There's 10 games to go... all they need is a 9-7 or 10-6 record to have a shot. So the just have to win 8 of the next 10 games... sounds like a lot... but check out this schedule:

Arizona
@Buffalo
@Minnesota
New England
@Seattle
N.Y. Jets
@San Francisco
Detroit
Minnesota
@Chicago

The only team I think they are guaranteed to lose to are the Bears. Every other game is up for grabs.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:42 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:They have a cake schedule... if they can pull out some wins... they'll be in contention for a wildcard spot.

There's 10 games to go... all they need is a 9-7 or 10-6 record to have a shot. So the just have to win 8 of the next 10 games... sounds like a lot... but check out this schedule:

Arizona
@Buffalo
@Minnesota
New England
@Seattle

N.Y. Jets
@San Francisco
Detroit
Minnesota
@Chicago

The only team I think they are guaranteed to lose to are the Bears. Every other game is up for grabs.

Not so sure I'd call it 'cake schedule' but I certainly hope for the best, given that Hass is out for a few and Favre is my new starter... :-o
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby benb18a » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Favre is my new starter as well. I honestly cant remember the last time he threw 1 pick in 4 games. I have hated the Packers my whole life, but I do have a ton of respect for this man. I dont believe anybody in the league has as much heart as he does. The only thing that scares me is, if he keeps on playing at or near this level, he might come back next season, and by then Rodgers will get sick and tired of being on the bench, and could very well demand to get traded. Thats a possibility.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk