Ahh yes...the Return of Mike Vick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahh yes...the Return of Mike Vick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahh yes...the Return of Mike Vick

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:23 pm

When Mike Vick emerges from the murky swampland of Madden curse and injury, how does everyone see him performing? Will he continue to post rushing numbers while bombing out some big TD's? Will he hook up with Price and create an unbeatable QB-WR combo? Will the Falcons improve drastically as a team or continue to fall flat on their face? Any insight would be great.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:39 pm

from cbs:

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the timetable for Michael Vick's return is not accelerating. He won't play in Week 6 at St. Louis and is unlikely to suit up the following week against New Orleans. The Falcons have a bye in Week 8, so the earliest Vick will return is Nov. 2 against Philadelphia. The versatile quarterback is no longer walking with a limp, but he still has pain in his right ankle and hasn't even begun to jog. If Atlanta (1-4) is out of playoff contention next month, the team could decide to shelf its franchise quarterback for the season.
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zombiez » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:30 pm

i wouldn't count on nothing from him this year.....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby culboarder » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:47 pm

yup i think he is done from being useful this year......laughs to all of you who drafted him, it was only a matter of time til he got hurt.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AF » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:27 am

I also don't think that he is going to have that great of a season. It's hard to come back from an injury like that and play all out. Besides an injury to the leg is never good for a scrabling QB. I didn't draft him for the simple fact that he was hurt and would be out most of the year (we drafted after the preseason) and even if he does put up good number when he does come back he would only be helping my team for half the year. All be it playoff time that he would be helping the odds of me being in the playoffs would be much smaller.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:57 am

if you owned him, would you just drop him? what kind of value does he still hold? more than drew brees? more than aaron brooks? more than quincy carter? more than c-pep? more than mcnabb? favre? or less than every single one of the above...?

i don't have him, but i'm pondering the fashioning of a trade for him. in espn's most recent trades, he's gone for:

1) travis henry
2) gannon and mcmichael
3) william green and collins
4) andre johnson
5) panthers defense
6) tai streets
7) mcnabb

this tells me that NOBODY can agree on what the man is worth. i'm just trying to get a feel for it before i over/under-commit.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk