do u ever do something like this to screw with leaguemates.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

do u ever do something like this to screw with leaguemates..

Moderator: Football Moderators

do u ever do something like this to screw with leaguemates..

Postby BradtheImpaler » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:46 pm

before i make the post, i will say that i am a 100% serious fanatsy player,....... but sometimes if i have an extra spot on my roster so i will pick up a opponents back up qb/rb for no reason other than just to get a worried reaction from them....with so and so making a post about deshaun foster filling in if davis goes down, i decided i would pick him, and i guarantee i will get a phone call from noble tomorro morning as he will ask why i picked up foster, then i will answer with....ohhhh you didnt hear? LMAO

besides most everyone in the league is friends with me, so i gotta screw with em, and make em nervous from time to time
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:20 pm

LOL, youre not alone, guys in my league do that stuff all the time.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby big shot » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:28 pm

thats a normal pick up, its good to have back ups that can step up and play well. If you want to goof with teamates, pick up someone that no one has ever heard of. and just go off about how hes the next big thing. Or if someone loses both qbs and your allowed to pick up as many as one position as you like, pick up all decent qbs even if it means dropping all your back ups,
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BradtheImpaler » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:01 pm

last year the top team was run by a guy who was a real d*ck...
so when both his quarterbacks went down in week 10 or so, and he wouldnt even talk to us about some decent trade proposals for our qb's...he said he could get someone decent off the w/w.....i replyed in a post with "the hell you wont" and i quick got the rest of league to pick up any qb's that they had room for out of the free agent pool.

unfortunately, i think basically every other starting qb was picked up by the league leaving him with whoever the eagles had playing that week in place of mcnabb, and wouldnt yah know the back up played a decent game and gave him some solid points...

anyways that bastid still went on to win the league.

sometimes yah just cant win :-t
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:25 pm

I have been thinking about doing that, especially because a couple of weeks ago when Portis was 100%, a uy picked up Mike Anderson. I didn't care, but that week Portis got hurt. I was worried, but of course everything turned out fine, and I wasn' stupid enough to meet his crazy demands for Mike. I want to do that, but who do I get? Foster, Jordan, Blaylock, LJohnson, Fisher, Musa Smith...? I mean, who is the most likely to go down?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mtarail » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:40 pm

Same thing happened with Anderson in the league where I have Portis. That's OK though. I got him back today by picking up McGahee with an open roster spot. It only took an hour before he offered me a scrub off of his roster for McGahee, so I know he's a little nervous. ;-D
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:53 pm

I piked up a RB last week because I thought my opponent was gonna grab him.....lol......
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby LBJackal » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:10 am

Before the season started, and the stats in the "available players" section in Yahoo were empty, I considered picking up Ricky Williams (Colts) and offering him for like, Deuce McAllister or something (nobody too good, but somebody good enough that it wouldn't seem fishy). Since you couldn't tell by the stats at the time that it was Little Ricky, not Big Ricky, it might have worked. But I'm a good guy, and I'll win legit. That would be awesome if somebody actually did it though.
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Team RamRod » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:33 am

A friend of mine in my league is a huge Rams fan. He has both Bulger and Warner on his team. I picked up Scott Covington and put him into the starting spot over McNair. About half an hour after I got a call asking what was going on. I told him that both Bulger and Warner got food poisoning from a restaurant that ate at together. This was on a Friday and he spent the next two days freaking out frantically trying to find out what went wrong. He still hates me. ;-D
QB - Culpepper, McNair
RB - R. Williams, A. Green
WR - Horn, Boston, Gardner,Driver,Jackson
TE - Jolley
K - Kasay
D - KC
10 Team Head to Head
Record: 7-1 1st Place
Team RamRod
Cheerleader
Cheerleader