Dumb Move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dumb Move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dumb Move?

Postby tclangham » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:31 pm

Dallas was only down 12-7 with an entire half to play. The division is in the balance and if Dallas wins they take over first place. I understand Bledsoe is immobile but come on people! How could you bench Bledsoe with 1st place in the division on the line? Ya, Romo gives you more mobility but does Dallas think Romo is the next Tom Brady? Give me a break! I think it was a dumb move and I think Dallas needs some serious tutalidge on the O-line. If Dallas cant run then Romo is going to get killed!
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:39 pm

I don't think it's a dumb move personally.

I'm not one of those people that has been calling for Romo from week 1 (in face I like Drew), but our only chance of making playoffs is with Romo. The NFL has discovered that if they blitz one or two extra players, they WILL get to Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is a sitting duck behind our line, and if we don't put a mobile QB out there, then we're screwed. W/ Romo out there, if a team blitz and Romo evades it at first, then somebody is open: T.O., Glenn, Whitten, Jones, somebody.

Romo is going to make a few mistakes, he is a rookie (sort of). Look at it this way, CAR doesn't know whether to study Bledsoe or Romo, and after them, we have WAS and ARI, which Romo should cake walk over.

EDIT: I agree we need to run the ball. We totally abandoned the run after the first half. That's what cost us.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sickpuppy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:15 pm

As Tuna stated after the game, Drew is improvising way too much. Parcells hates that. Drew has made some bad decisions all year and with his experience that shouldn't happen. Obviously Romo has a LONG way to go but if someone is going to screw it up, it might as well be your potential future QB. I honestly think Jerry Jones had a hand in the decision.
sickpuppy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:20 am

It's a conspiracy. The Tuna made the move so that the Giants would win. After all, the only 2 Super Bowl's he's ever going to win were courtesy of BIG BLUE.

;-7 :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: Dumb Move?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:40 pm

tclangham wrote:Dallas was only down 12-7 with an entire half to play. The division is in the balance and if Dallas wins they take over first place.

Take over first place in Week 7? Not a big deal. Dallas' wins are Washington (last place), Tennessee (last place), and Houston (2nd to last...after Tenn). Look at some of Dallas' losses and look at Bledsoe's stat lines:

Lost 17-24 @ JAC: 48.5% comp, 3 INTs, 2 Sacks
Lost 24-38 @ PHI: 47.4% comp, 3 INTs, 7 Sacks, 3 fumbles
Lost 22-36 vs. NYG: 58.5% comp, 1 INT, 4 sacks in a half

Dallas isn't as good as people think. Yes, they smacked around 3 bad teams. Against Jax, Phi, and NYG, their defense was awful and their QB looked like a rookie.

Dallas needs help if they are going to right this ship. Bledsoe is not the answer.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:49 pm

I think Dallas needs to just run the ball more. If Julius Jones doesn't get the job done, put Barber in the game and let him run. They have a nice tandem of backs..I don't know why they aren't running the ball 30+ times a game.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:11 pm

I think it comes down to Parcells feeling that Bledsoe will lead them to 8-8 at best. Romo might lead them to 6-10 or he might lead them to 10-6, but at least he's taking the risk at being better than mediocre. Tough decision...I really couldn't fault him no matter which QB he had decided on.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dplymkr88 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:04 pm

I don't think it was a dumb move, and I think you will find that most Dallas fans have had enough of Bledsoe's INTs, his constant patting of the ball, and the sacks. I don't know if Romo will be any better than Bledsoe, it could be that this team isin't very good because we are hamstrung by our Oline. But, if you look at what Romo did Monday night, he made some pretty good plays....some bad plays too but you expect that from a young qb. I don't think Bledsoe could have done any better.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting