Trade pending with a WW time crush on hand....LONG - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade pending with a WW time crush on hand....LONG

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade pending with a WW time crush on hand....LONG

Postby jbrumley21 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:32 pm

OK here is the Deal...

Our league has a 48 hr trade review period where the league can Veto trades. Our league requires 4 of 10 owners to Veto for a trade to be vetoed.

Sunday night after the games I traded Portis,pennington, and Dallas DST for Bulger,Alexander, and B.Edwards...

3 teams have Vetoed so far. There is also a stupid rule in our league that states: "Trades will be disapproved by the Commish only if they could damage the integrity and competitiveness of the league"

Our commish has used this clause before... saying he wont let bad trades go though, just because everyone in the league cant get on the computer and voice thier opinions all the time.

So it honestly wouldnt suprise me to see this trade vetoed. Two other trades made on the same day have already gone through. I wrote the commish an Email that ask whats the deal...still havent heard back...

Our waiver wire moves start at midnight Pacific.

So long story short...Depending on what the outcome of the pending trade is, I need to know if I should use my waiver wire to pick up a WR or RB.

So the kicker is the commish has a team in the league who I play this week.

Should I just assume the trade went though and raise Hell if it doesnt or is there a better way to go about this?
jbrumley21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:26 pm

Not sure what your league structure is like, but I would pick up the highest-value player available, period. And then assume that you can trade them for the player that you need if the trade gets nixed. As the saying goes, hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk