Vent about Owners who refuse to trade - Am I Crazy?Are They? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vent about Owners who refuse to trade - Am I Crazy?Are They?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Unfortunately, it is pretty typical for people to only want to trade if it is entirely lopsided in their favor. They are always trying to get a steal, which is why trading is generally non-existent in fantasy football. :-°
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:12 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:Nobody in my money league is ever willing to trade either. Well, with the exception of 1 other owner...so basically every trade in our league is between me and him. It's just stupid how bad people overvalue some of their players.

I agree. Everyone in my league does it. People putting McGahee >>> Tiki in a redraft league :-t and Gore >> LJ1
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby codered7 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:33 pm

Haha you guys gotta stop playing with those nubs... anyone who wouldnt do rex grossman for heap when they have peyton manning... wow
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby BillOReilly » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:03 pm

i only saw one person mention depth in here, and thats a key issue, there are several people in my league who have been torched because they lack depth at RB or at WR (SA and Fitz owners know that)

a couple weeks ago, i was offered terry glenn for jake delhomme, well with Hass starting every week (this trade was offered the week of Hass' bye so it wouldnt effect his bye week) i rejected the trade, my WR's arent great and glenn would have been an upgrade for me at the time (ive since made a trade for Reggie Williams)

but now am i ever glad that i didnt trade away delhomme (a backukp) for a guy i would probably start every week.

sometimes some people are just content with their team, we had a guy who wouldnt trade with and was killed due to a bye week and couldnt start 3 players, but he didnt want to give anyone up, he attempted to make a trade, but instead of going out for someone mediocer just to fill spots, he was offering some crazy deals for Holt, Tomlinson, Roy Williams and all the top notch players in the league.
QB-Hasselbeck/Cutler
RB-Tiki Barber/Betts/Maurice Jones-Drew/Lundy/B. Jacobs
WR-C. Johnson/Reggie Brown/Jennings/Evans/Caldwell
TE-Chris Cooley/LJ Smith
K-Graham
D-Denver/Minnesota
BillOReilly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:04 pm

Ha, I've made about 1,700 trade offers in my leagues and have only had two or three accepted. For the most part, they're legit fair trades. Lot of times, I don't mind overpaying for a guy I want. Seems the only way I can get a trade to go through is by severely overpaying. :-t

It's not all bad, I did have one bonehead offer me a sweet trade.
My Santana Moss and David Carr for Peyton Manning. :-)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sLim » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:27 pm

honestly...that should tell u something about the values of some of the players u are tryin to trade away...droughns and jamal...come on...these guys are gonna hit most leagues waiver wires pretty soon if they havent already...

fred taylor is reasonable...but obviously others see his declining value as jones-drew is stealin carries...

u cant get mad or upset cuz other teams dont want ur trash...even if brees is his backup...that doesnt mean the guy will give him away for a one week fill...
sLim
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Champion

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Also, I'm 6-1. I'm not really interested in messing with my lineup right now. I'll trade some of my bench guys if it improves my depth or something, but don't expect me to go out of my way to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

What bugs me is that we have 2-5 teams in our league that don't try to get better by trading with each other. I know when my team sucks, I try making trades with other bad teams to make both teams better. Don't come crying to me now trying to fix your problem because you only drafted 3 RBs...I'm not going to ruin my own RB depth to help you out. Run to the other 2-5 guy who only drafted 2 QBs and maybe you can work out something that benefits you both.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:20 pm

I offered a Portis, Dillon and McAllister owner Burress/Chester for Holt... before the season started... and got rejected lol. In the same league, the guy with Peyton and Grossman offered Rex up for trade. I said I was interested, he said he wanted Burress. So I offer him Burress straight up... and he counters Grossman/Gates/Droughns for my Burress/Glenn/Jordan. :-t

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:55 pm

The Lung wrote:
However, Fred Taylor, Reuben Droughns, and Jamal Lewis are probably the least desirable starting RBs in the league right now, and I certainly wouldn't give up even a marginal backup for one of them.

I agree with this. It's hard to criticize somebody for not wanting to trade their piece of crap for your piece of crap. Taylor is a decent runner but with his history and splitting carries with Jones-Drew I wouldn't want to be stuck with the guy (actually I am stuck with him in one league).

Anyway this type of post comes up every year. Some people just don't like to trade mostly for fear of being taken advantage of. The ones I don't like are those who don't respond at all - you leave a trade out there for days with no response and wonder what's going on.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tsunami001 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:48 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
The Lung wrote:However, Fred Taylor, Reuben Droughns, and Jamal Lewis are probably the least desirable starting RBs in the league right now, and I certainly wouldn't give up even a marginal backup for one of them.

Seriously? You'd rather start Michael Turner or Mike Alstott over these guys?

If I had Shockey and was starting Eric Moulds in my flex and Turner as my #2 RB, I'd trade Winslow for Fred Taylor in a heartbeat. No hesitation.

you have to look at it from his point of view...why would he give up a stud TE to you just to have a bye week filler(in his mind)? He can make do with Turner for a week or 2..
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting