Horn Comeback? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Horn Comeback?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Horn Comeback?

Postby Drew_70 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:10 pm

Horn is coming off a bye week and b4 that had 2 TD's +100 yds. Is this a Fluke?...or are other teams targeting Colston more allowing Horn to get open? This duo might start to look like Gates/McCardell of San Diego yesteryear when Brees was with them.

Even though Horn is getting up their in age, I think he has a chance to have a breakout the rest of the season. What do you guys think?
Drew_70
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:12 pm

I drafted him with high expectations in all leagues because he went late in draft, never panned out in beginning of season so I moved on....but he could very easily. I dont think he should be on any waiver wire. I think Reggie Bush as a receiver has hurt him more then Colston.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:43 pm

Horn has really turned it on the past 3 games. Seems to have worked himself back into a #1a and #1b situation with himself and Colston, instead of Colston-#1, Horn-#2. I think he is a must start going forward, solid fantasy #2 WR if he continues to see equal (or more) targets than Colston.

I would compare it to:

McCardell = Horn
Gates = Colston
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Drew_70 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:45 pm

BigMusky wrote:.....but he could very easily. I dont think he should be on any waiver wire. I think Reggie Bush as a receiver has hurt him more then Colston.

IMO If Brees is getting what he wants comparable to SD a year ago (Colston-Gates, Bush-LT2, Horn-McCardell) and meshing offensively then yes, Horn should not be on the waiver wire. I am getting Horn via trade hoping it may pan out. Gotta love Fantasy and hoping predictions come through.

Thanks for your post BTW.
Drew_70
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:49 pm

Drew_70 wrote:
BigMusky wrote:.....but he could very easily. I dont think he should be on any waiver wire. I think Reggie Bush as a receiver has hurt him more then Colston.

IMO If Brees is getting what he wants comparable to SD a year ago (Colston-Gates, Bush-LT2, Horn-McCardell) and meshing offensively then yes, Horn should not be on the waiver wire. I am getting Horn via trade hoping it may pan out. Gotta love Fantasy and hoping predictions come through.

Thanks for your post BTW.

I don't think Bush is hurting Horn or Colston in the least. His presence actually helps them IMO, because he commands defensive coverage from DBs and opens things up for the WRs. And even though Bush has the most receptions for a RB in the entire NFL, it really is coming at the expensive of the New Orleans' TEs, who have virtually been non-existant this year so far.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk