Raider Fans lets talk OFFENSE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raider Fans lets talk OFFENSE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raider Fans lets talk OFFENSE

Postby Stillerste » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:58 pm

Is the return of J Porter's speed going to be the cure for all that is ailling the Raiders O? Rice is in my starting line up and I'll will be the first to say that.....he reeks. I am in a twelve team salary cap league and he is way overpriced for the production i am getting. Think he'll up his production much with Porter? Or am I destined to 4 catches for 56 yards every week? Can I get a little insight into this West Coast nightmare?
Stillerste

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby napman » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:18 pm

First, let me say that I am a die-hard Raider fan forever. But is J. Porter the cure-all...absolutley not. The Raiders have issues from top to bottom. They have no commitment to the run, even when it's effective(i.e. Last week vs. Chicago almost 5 yards a carry yet with a lead they only rush 6 times in the second half). They have no defense at all. They rank last in the AFC. Gannon isn't even a shadow of what he was last year and seems to lose all perspective when anything bad happens. They just seem to have lost all focus and drive. As for Rice, I dont see his numbers improving when Porter returns. If anything they may decline even more because Porter tends to be their red-zone threat. Sorry if this post is a downer, but so is this season for the Raiders and their fans. :-t
napman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:40 pm

The Raiders biggest problem is their coach. Callahan has proved that he is just the next Barry Switzer. Inherited another guys team that was Super Bowl quality and couldn't keep it together. Jerry Porter's return will help. They will be more competitive in games, but they won't make the playoffs and none of their players will be playing for anything weeks 15-17 which is when we need our fantasy guys the most.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby zombiez » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:46 pm

damn shame.....its like they all gave up at the same time....no fire like last year
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

thanks for the input....

Postby Stillerste » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:28 am

I gotta agree that this team is in trouble in alot of ways. Personally, not being a raiders fan if the D blows, that is okay by me--probobly only helps my fantansy players. But aside from that this team is obviously stuggling to beat anyone. Thanks for the opinions....
Stillerste

Friendliness: %

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:33 am

I don't know what you're all talking about- even without Porter, I think this team has a lot of offense. I'm offended by it every week.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Paladyr » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:33 am

Orange and Blue wrote:I don't know what you're all talking about- even without Porter, I think this team has a lot of offense. I'm offended by it every week.

Negative, rice and brown can't out run the linemen any more let alone the CBs. Porter is huge to this team's success. If he is 100% this offense will receive a big shot in the arm.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk