Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread

Postby dgan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:22 pm

I don't know why we don't just sticky a thread for this. Could Kornheiser and Theismann have any less chemistry? Every week, I feel the need to vent about how awful they are.

I get so sick of Tony every single game trying as early as possible to say that it is over. Not because I disagree, necessarily, but because it is horrible broadcasting. You're supposed to find ways of encouraging your audience to stay -- not to go to bed.

And don't even get me started on Joe. He had the most incomprehensible babbling about Bledsoe I've ever heard. He makes Madden look like a frickin' genius.

And the whole time Tirico sounds like he's calling a chess match. B-O-R-I-N-G.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:14 pm

Yeah, i never thought I would find myself saying I wish they could bring madden back to MNF, but the sad truth is that I find myself thinking that every monday.

These guys are horrible.

Dont get me wrong, I love Kornheiser on PTI, but he just isnt a play by play guy, and never will be.

for some reason the NFL has this idea that the MNF crew should be about more than just football. Maybe, if the announcers were more interesting, it would bring in a bigger audience. I dont think so.

I am perfectly entertained by the game itself, i dont need guys cracking stupid jokes to make it more interesting. My wife, who hates football, still hates football, even with different announcers. Who would have thought.

They just need to get guys who can call play by play. Not big names that everyone has heard of.

Drop the comedy act, get rid of the stupid human interest stories that take away from the game, and stop having guys who have nothing to do with football up in the booth.

Who cares what charles barkley has to say about football? not me. If it was an NBA game, and they had barkley on, then yeah, i can see that. but this is football. If you want celebs in the booth, then get guys who played football up there. no basketball players, no actores, no professional golfers, just keep it about football.

I have actually emailed ESPN to times ranting on this subject. The best way to watch MNF is to turn down the volume and hope its a local game where you can get local announcers. This MNF crew is horrible, has no chemistry at all, and they just make the game less enjoyable for true football fans

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:32 pm

We can probably blame ESPN in general for MNF. So much unnecessary stuff has been shoved into a 3 hour broadcast. Too many announcers, and stupid celebrities pushing whatever it is they're pushing. The Emmit Smith interview about Dancing with the Stars was horrible. I don't know why ESPN is so determined to flood the show with so many personalities and guests, but it's becoming too distracting. I want to watch football, dammit.

And anyone else annoyed with their giant floating scoreboard? I wish they would shove that into a corner and shrink it a bit so it doesn't block half the field.

LOL, if this is stickied, the Cafe should save it and then email it to ESPN after the season is over with. ;-D ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Purple Allegiance » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:43 pm

Monday Night Football has been cursed with awful announcers. Kornheiser, Theismann, Madden, Miller, etc. I just wish they could find a play by play guy who can call the game with some enthusiasm and knowledge, as well as color guys who have knowledge and valuable insight.

This crew is garbage, and they really ruin the exerience.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dplymkr88 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:05 pm

It was really painful to listen to. I like Kornheiser on PTI but in the booth he sucks.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:32 pm

never thought id say it, but im glad that the steelers only had one MNF game this year
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mrblitz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I'm very good at tuning out the announcers, I don't look to analyze them good or bad. I just want to see a good football game.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BigDballer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:48 pm

Purple Allegiance wrote:Monday Night Football has been cursed with awful announcers. Kornheiser, Theismann, Madden, Miller, etc. I just wish they could find a play by play guy who can call the game with some enthusiasm and knowledge, as well as color guys who have knowledge and valuable insight.

This crew is garbage, and they really ruin the exerience.

That is like everyone... who would you like to hear on MNF? I liked Madden on MNF.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:24 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:Yeah, i never thought I would find myself saying I wish they could bring madden back to MNF, but the sad truth is that I find myself thinking that every monday.

These guys are horrible.

Dont get me wrong, I love Kornheiser on PTI, but he just isnt a play by play guy, and never will be.

for some reason the NFL has this idea that the MNF crew should be about more than just football. Maybe, if the announcers were more interesting, it would bring in a bigger audience. I dont think so.

I am perfectly entertained by the game itself, i dont need guys cracking stupid jokes to make it more interesting. My wife, who hates football, still hates football, even with different announcers. Who would have thought.

They just need to get guys who can call play by play. Not big names that everyone has heard of.

Drop the comedy act, get rid of the stupid human interest stories that take away from the game, and stop having guys who have nothing to do with football up in the booth.

Who cares what charles barkley has to say about football? not me. If it was an NBA game, and they had barkley on, then yeah, i can see that. but this is football. If you want celebs in the booth, then get guys who played football up there. no basketball players, no actores, no professional golfers, just keep it about football.

I have actually emailed ESPN to times ranting on this subject. The best way to watch MNF is to turn down the volume and hope its a local game where you can get local announcers. This MNF crew is horrible, has no chemistry at all, and they just make the game less enjoyable for true football fans

Tony isnt the play by play guy.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:24 pm

mrblitz wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I'm very good at tuning out the announcers, I don't look to analyze them good or bad. I just want to see a good football game.

Yea, I can tune out the commentating crew too, but it's hard to focus on the game when the camera is in the booth because some celeb is sitting in there. Or they go to interview a player on the sideline and forget to show the big play that just happened in the background.

I mean, if they're gonna NOT show the game, I may as well listen to the radio. No reason to cram a talk show into a football game.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting