Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Are you kidding me? I think Kornheiser and Theismann are developing serious chemistry - the acid / base kind. Seems like Kornheiser makes a fool out of Theismann at least once each week, sometimes more. Every week I look forward to hearing Kornheiser just totally embarass Joey Sunshine.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:09 pm

We need Berman and Madden doing MNF. That would be incredible.

And Im not even joking.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:36 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:We need Berman and Madden doing MNF. That would be incredible.

And Im not even joking.

No.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tclangham » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:28 pm

I mean, if they're gonna NOT show the game, I may as well listen to the radio. No reason to cram a talk show into a football game.[/quote]

I just listen to the radio and turn the volume down on the TV. Its less painful that way :-D
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:21 am

I really couldn't care less who's in the booth. :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby V-unit » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:01 am

I think they should have gotton Troy Aikman instead of tony.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:03 am

beanoX3 wrote:And anyone else annoyed with their giant floating scoreboard? I wish they would shove that into a corner and shrink it a bit so it doesn't block half the field.

;-D That thing has been driving me crazy since the preseason. You can tell that was some idiot's idea who doesn't even watch football.

The whole celebrity interview thing makes every MNF game feel like the ProBowl. It doesn't even feel like anyone cares about what is happening in the game. Joe's too busy kissing a$$, Tony is worried about his fantasy team (like I give a &#$%), and Tirico is introducing someone in the booth at the beginning of every drive.

Has anyone noticed that Theismann has changed his mind about 62 times about the Bledsoe/Romo decision? First he was defending Bledsoe, then defending Parcells, then defending Romo, and now I see an article on ESPN.com that he back to saying it was the wrong decision. The whole crew is a waste of space.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:12 am

dgan wrote: Tony is worried about his fantasy team (like I give a &#$%)

I don't either, but the fact that fantasy football is mentioned in the mainstream media is groundbreaking. Read this article: Fantasy Football Goes Monday Night
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:37 am

dgan wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:And anyone else annoyed with their giant floating scoreboard? I wish they would shove that into a corner and shrink it a bit so it doesn't block half the field.

;-D That thing has been driving me crazy since the preseason. You can tell that was some idiot's idea who doesn't even watch football.

The whole celebrity interview thing makes every MNF game feel like the ProBowl. It doesn't even feel like anyone cares about what is happening in the game. Joe's too busy kissing a$$, Tony is worried about his fantasy team (like I give a &#$%), and Tirico is introducing someone in the booth at the beginning of every drive.

Has anyone noticed that Theismann has changed his mind about 62 times about the Bledsoe/Romo decision? First he was defending Bledsoe, then defending Parcells, then defending Romo, and now I see an article on ESPN.com that he back to saying it was the wrong decision. The whole crew is a waste of space.

I don't get the scoreboard logo in such a prominant position on the screen either, and this is from a company known for it's excellent camera/visual innovation and acumen. Why they would think that it wouldn't distract from the overall viewing pleasure is beyond me.

The celebrity thing and relentless banter about desperate housewife actors on screen love life is what happens when shameless self-promotion goes bad. espn is amongst the worst at it, evidenced by Tony Kornholio's presence in the booth. He proves each week to not only be unqualified, but also to be a fan of the event more than the game. His weekly let's go home the game is over bit is, I feel, revealing his own interest in tuning out and going to bed. The man just isn't much of a football fan. plain and simple.

I like Theisman, or have in the past, but his wishy-washy waivering makes him look like dumber than he is. He is an arrogant SOB who has nobody in the booth that he respects, with good reason since Tirico or Kornholio have no football background or knowledge. So Joe's ego goes uncheck and he is found babbling too often. He needs someone to, in effect, shut him up and keep him honest. Terrible chemistry in the booth right now. One egomaniac, unopinionated bland play-by-play man, and a 'name' with nothing to contribute is a bad mix.

I wonder how long before the bloated egos at espn realize their mistake and make the changes needed. Heck if they remove Kornholio and insert Jaws I think a balance would be restored and they would be much more informative and entertaining.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 am

I actually like the MNF crew. Mike's play by play is exciting to listen to and he does a good job of bringing up relevant topics to discuss. Tony's wit and humor has me rolling around every week. Joe's analysis is always thoughtful and dead on. The guests are always fun to hear from and big names. All around, I think ESPN put together a great team and a great program every week. ;-D

;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting