Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Unofficial "Bash MNF crew" thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:53 pm

moochman wrote:I wonder how long before the bloated egos at espn realize their mistake and make the changes needed. Heck if they remove Kornholio and insert Jaws I think a balance would be restored and they would be much more informative and entertaining.

Unfortunately, I don't think ESPN has the ability to realize mistakes. Not until someone slaps them with a lawsuit or something, lol. If they do realize they've made a mistake, their bloated heads would prevent them from making a change this season. And next year, they'll revamp the lineup and put loudmouth Irvin in the booth or something equally useless. I've no faith in ESPN, lol.

I wish they would put Ditka in the booth. He'll be quick to slap Theisman upside the head for saying something stupid and at least Ditka knows football. I always liked when Ditka called Bears preseason games for NBC.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Tirico's a tool. I hate how there's a big play happening, and he'll reference something that happened in golf or baseball or another sport. He's better suited for basketball and college football.

Kornheiser reeks. Theismann's OK. IMO.

I like the old Sunday Night crew a lot more than this trio of mismatches.

ESPN sucks for ruining MNF. :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby X Man » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:26 am

Looks like we may not have Tony to kick around next year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202006/sp ... rchand.htm
X Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dgan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:44 am

Nice find, XMan.

"...I don't think anyone should be stunned...if I just say, 'That was fun. Thanks a lot. See ya.'''

"It is a job for me,'' said Kornheiser. "It is work for me.''

Well, that pretty much says it all right there. Dude has the best gig in the sports broadcasting world and treats it like a 9-5. Obviously, not a true football fan and a horrible choice by ESPN. Nice job, ESPN. :-t :-t :-t :-t
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:57 am

X Man wrote:Looks like we may not have Tony to kick around next year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10202006/sp ... rchand.htm

Ahhh, he will be missed. !+)
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby X Man » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:15 am

beanoX3 wrote:
moochman wrote:I wonder how long before the bloated egos at espn realize their mistake and make the changes needed. Heck if they remove Kornholio and insert Jaws I think a balance would be restored and they would be much more informative and entertaining.

Unfortunately, I don't think ESPN has the ability to realize mistakes. Not until someone slaps them with a lawsuit or something, lol. If they do realize they've made a mistake, their bloated heads would prevent them from making a change this season. And next year, they'll revamp the lineup and put loudmouth Irvin in the booth or something equally useless. I've no faith in ESPN, lol.

I wish they would put Ditka in the booth. He'll be quick to slap Theisman upside the head for saying something stupid and at least Ditka knows football. I always liked when Ditka called Bears preseason games for NBC.

It was reported in the New York Daily News that if Kornheiser is out and Barber retires, That ESPN moles have said off the record that Tiki would be their first choice take over.
X Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jayday » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:28 pm

I've said it before, but I'll say it till ESPN listens....

Put Mike & Mike in the MNF booth ;-D

I listen to these guys about every day....I think they would be phenomenal in the booth....They have great chemistry together, Greeny could do play-by-play and color commentary...Golic could do color commentary as well as the role of the ex-player....Eliminates the unnecessary third guy in the booth...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting