Ahman Green post your thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green post your thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ivesaidway2much » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am

I don't get the dislike for Ahman. In every game he's played this year he's had 90 or more combined yards. In the two games he missed, so did his backups. When healthy, I think he makes a pretty good start as a RB2. Plus he's got a fairly soft schedule. Sure he's an injury risk, but with only 2 games on the west coast, you should know before 1:00 whether or not he's going play, but it's definitely not worth the risk playing him on Monday Night.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:02 am

I hate when people refer to Ahman as an injury risk. He really isn't that bad as far as injuries go. With that, I agree that Ahman best serves as a matchup back.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:14 am

In a PPR scoring system Ahman is the man......, well sort of. He is a solid #2 RB with PPR. True he broke off a big run to pad his stats last week, but the Phins{ are a solid rush D. And his hammy must be sound as it was rush #18 that he took off for 70 yards. Add to that that most of the teams he plays from here on out aren't great run Ds and he could be a starter in 6-7 of the games left to play.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby V-unit » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:13 pm

im in a league that is not ppr and Ahman is #17 which isnt bad(anything over 50 is double pts).I havnt seen him play yet but he has put up decent # when he has played.Remember Ahman put up over 100 yds vs the BEars so he might be a legit #2.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 pm

Solid RB#2.

Does have the injury issues, that is the only drawback IMO. I'm really surprised he came back from that ruptured quad and still has the burst to outrun DBs. I wish I would have drafted him in more leagues. The only league where I have him rostered, I'm pretty weak at RB and he is starting for me every week he plays.

Bottomline: The guy is producing bigtime when he plays. Rushing, receiving, TDs, the man is doing it all. I think you are OK if you have Herron stashed and Ahman goes down again.

-475/2 in 4 games

~15 fantasy ppg

.Avg 19 carries
.83 yards rushing
.35 yards receiving
.5 TD
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:46 am

Ahman is a stud #3 RB who can play as a solid #2 when the matchups are right. I love him as a draft steal, but I think his trade value is still far below his fantasy potential for the rest of the season.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JakeTrain72 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:23 am

I think he will post numbers that will help your fantasy team more than hurt it. #2 or #3 RB? He is somewhere in the middle but the needle is a little closer to a #2 when you consider they are really thin at WR. He could get 10 receptions this week.

This is the perfect guy and time to take a gamble on if you have been cruising along and are a mediocre fantasy team. He has done well every game he has played and people are still concerned and staying away from him. He could pull up lame on the next play, but he could save your season if your other RBs go down.

He is pretty good at topping 100 total yards with a score every game. I doubt he is has the value associated with other RBs who fall into this category. If you don't BUY him now, you'll end up losing to him during your playoffs.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnjtk555 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:12 pm

an owner dropped him and i picked him up cuz it just seemed wise to do so. I hope he stays healthy and wonder how things will develop in GB especially when the pack is eliminated from playoff contention. Will they turn over the offense to Rodgers or will they let favre play out the season?
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V-unit » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:21 am

has anyone changed their minds yet about A.Green for the rest of the year?
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tsizzle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 am

lol everyone is saying how bad he is and he gets 130 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.... maybe a solid 3RB?
Tsizzle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk