Boats / Fishing / Ft Lauderdale / Ponds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Boats / Fishing / Ft Lauderdale / Ponds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Boats / Fishing / Ft Lauderdale

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:01 pm

I keep forgetting to update this. The dozer is out there, ready to go...and it's been raining seemingly nonstop since. So, anyway, practicing patience here, but hopefully we'll see some dirt upturned soon.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I keep forgetting to update this. The dozer is out there, ready to go...and it's been raining seemingly nonstop since. So, anyway, practicing patience here, but hopefully we'll see some dirt upturned soon.

Weather's been a bit better the last week or so, making any holes in the ground?

I fished for a while yesterday. It was beautiful out, 82, dry and breezy. Fish weren't biting, caught one big bluegill and one itty-bitty largemouth. Caught too much sun, too. Got a burn.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:34 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I keep forgetting to update this. The dozer is out there, ready to go...and it's been raining seemingly nonstop since. So, anyway, practicing patience here, but hopefully we'll see some dirt upturned soon.

Weather's been a bit better the last week or so, making any holes in the ground?

I fished for a while yesterday. It was beautiful out, 82, dry and breezy. Fish weren't biting, caught one big bluegill and one itty-bitty largemouth. Caught too much sun, too. Got a burn.

Still no holes, but I need to be bugging him soon here, because it has been dry the past few days.

I caught a couple frogs the other day

And, yeah, that's the bait I used. Damned cannibals...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Hmm frog legs at Chez Omaha? Saute those suckers in garlic and oil and tell the kids they're unbreaded chicken wings, they probably won't know the difference. Or, batter them, fry them, then coat them in a mix of 2 parts Frank's red hot sauce and 1 part butter.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:57 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Hmm frog legs at Chez Omaha? Saute those suckers in garlic and oil and tell the kids they're unbreaded chicken wings, they probably won't know the difference. Or, batter them, fry them, then coat them in a mix of 2 parts Frank's red hot sauce and 1 part butter.

I was thinking about bringing them back and then bugging you or someone to see what they tasted like. I've never had frog legs before. Buuuuut, it was more or less a mistake when I caught them anyway, so I tossed them back. There are a ton at this smallish lake which typically means a poor bass population, but everything I hear about this relatively little known lake is the fishing's great. Wasn't great for me that day though...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Straight from Wikipedia on frog legs:

They are often said to taste like chicken because of their mild flavor, with a texture most similar to chicken wings.

They really do look/taste like chicken meat. Most places that serve them overkill it with either garlic or creole seasoning, so there's not much flavor beyond the spice.

If I were to make them myself, I'd probably just coat them with a bit of oil and Old Bay and then grill or broil them.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:57 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Straight from Wikipedia on frog legs:

They are often said to taste like chicken because of their mild flavor, with a texture most similar to chicken wings.

They really do look/taste like chicken meat. Most places that serve them overkill it with either garlic or creole seasoning, so there's not much flavor beyond the spice.

If I were to make them myself, I'd probably just coat them with a bit of oil and Old Bay and then grill or broil them.

Seems to be the only thing I can catch right now so I might have to try that. :-b

Also, I've never had them and something I've never done or tried is always intriguing to me.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm

I was down in Ft. Lauderdale 2 weeks ago for a week long trial. We stayed on Las Olas, which was right next to the courthouse. I don;t think I saw one woman who did not have breast implants the entire time I was there. People there were a bit on the snooty side. I am guessing it gets different out of the city. I hope anyway :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I was down in Ft. Lauderdale 2 weeks ago for a week long trial. We stayed on Las Olas, which was right next to the courthouse. I don;t think I saw one woman who did not have breast implants the entire time I was there. People there were a bit on the snooty side. I am guessing it gets different out of the city. I hope anyway :-b

Yeah, I thought I was in California while I was there. I stayed on the lake as much as I could. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Yeah, not much to look at, but we're actually moving dirt now. Ripping stumps out of the ground first, then go from there.

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk