Anyone else think that..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else think that.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:32 pm

mattb47 wrote:You seriously need to read my posts man before you make accusations....

same should be said about you, before you start catching feelings over disagreement of opinions....if you let what someone else thinks get you fired up i dont know what to tell you, what do you think analyst do all day....would you get upset if you said what you had to say about champ bailey and someone called you out on it and disagreed completely?

thats not insulting your intelligence how you think it is, but if you post stats from TWO GAMES, and i post stats from ONE GAME...why is it taht your not basing your case off just those 2, but im basing mine off the last game?

all in all its not as serious as you make it out to be, it can be dropped, i dont mind debating, thats what happens in sports, it just takes the fun out of it when somone gets emotional and lets their feelings get hurt when everyone doesnt run in and go

"gee whiz thanks matt, i agree with what you said, all of it, i loved reading it"
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:01 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
mattb47 wrote:You seriously need to read my posts man before you make accusations....

same should be said about you, before you start catching feelings over disagreement of opinions....if you let what someone else thinks get you fired up i dont know what to tell you, what do you think analyst do all day....would you get upset if you said what you had to say about champ bailey and someone called you out on it and disagreed completely?

thats not insulting your intelligence how you think it is, but if you post stats from TWO GAMES, and i post stats from ONE GAME...why is it taht your not basing your case off just those 2, but im basing mine off the last game?

all in all its not as serious as you make it out to be, it can be dropped, i dont mind debating, thats what happens in sports, it just takes the fun out of it when somone gets emotional and lets their feelings get hurt when everyone doesnt run in and go

"gee whiz thanks matt, i agree with what you said, all of it, i loved reading it"

First off, once again you are telling me what I am feeling and even how I got to be feeling that....you definitely have no idea what I'm thinking or feeling....you should try to stay away from those kinds of arguments in a debate.

I'm not bothered one bit by someone disagreeing with me, please stop saying that, you've said it a few times now and it's nowhere near true. The difference between our two arguments is this:

1) I made it very clear that my post about the 2 games was not proof of my argument.

2) You were pointing to this game as proof that Champ is not overrated as I had said previously. The whole idea of you disputing my claims by showing me this one game shows a difference in our two arguments.

I'm not saying that either of us is right here, just trying to let people in on what I have noticed, and a few others who have posted have noticed the same thing about Bailey that he tends to be over aggressive and it leaves him susceptible to the big play. You can choose to believe it or not, but I have seen it many times in the past and just because teams don't go after him doesn't mean that the weakness isn't there. That's what I'm trying to say. You can't point to the absence of attempts as proof, it's just not an argument I find valid because it proves nothing. All it proves is what I have already affirmed and that is that Bailey is a very good CB.

I am most certainly not emotional, and don't give yourself too much credit thinking you can hurt my feelings. I love debating and quite honestly, this is not a serious thing for me. You really need to stop making statements about what I'm thinking, because you really aren't in a position to have that kind of knowledge.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:42 pm

If Champ Bailey was so special then why was he traded in the 1st place? Not to mention he was caught from behing by boy, Ben Watson; yes a TE. Champ's definitely overrated, plain and simple.

and for the record, Ben Watson and I were high school classmates and Yes, I'm a redskins fan ;-)
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Timbathia » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:47 pm

cardiac cats wrote:If Champ Bailey was so special then why was he traded in the 1st place? Not to mention he was caught from behing by boy, Ben Watson; yes a TE. Champ's definitely overrated, plain and simple.

and for the record, Ben Watson and I were high school classmates and Yes, I'm a redskins fan ;-)

This may be the dumbest post I have ever read!

He is not special because he was traded for a running back with a huge upside and on one play someone ran faster than him?????

Sweet argument dude.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:48 pm

Timbathia wrote:
cardiac cats wrote:If Champ Bailey was so special then why was he traded in the 1st place? Not to mention he was caught from behing by boy, Ben Watson; yes a TE. Champ's definitely overrated, plain and simple.

This may be the dumbest post I have ever read!

He is not special because he was traded for a running back with a huge upside and on one play someone ran faster than him?????

Sweet argument dude.

:-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:54 pm

yeah you see that, watson just scored ;-) ...... and obviously I was being comical. But seriously though, watson ran like 90 yds to catch up with champ, so if anything, watson is arguably one of the fastest players in the nfl.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:33 pm

lol, that was one of the best trades ever, they got a 21/22 yr old rb, that was extremely fast, and had already posted two 1,000 yd seasons up to that point, and was at the age that most backs would be coming into the NFL from the draft....

champ bailey for clinton portis was probably one of the most balanced trades we have had in some time, you dont usually see one on one trades like that very often
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:37 pm

LS2throwed wrote:

lol, that was one of the best trades ever, they got a 21/22 yr old rb, that was extremely fast, and had already posted two 1,000 yd seasons up to that point, and was at the age that most backs would be coming into the NFL from the draft....

champ bailey for clinton portis was probably one of the most balanced trades we have had in some time, you dont usually see one on one trades like that very often

id say the broncos embarrassed the redskins in that trade. who in thier right mind trades arguably the best cb in the league for a running back? awful move by the skins.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:43 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

id say the broncos embarrassed the redskins in that trade. who in thier right mind trades arguably the best cb in the league for a running back? awful move by the skins.

to answer your question the redskins and dan snyder do lol...but honestly thats hindsight to say that, champ has gotten better since that trade, and clinton portis was 20 yrs old when he came into the NFL, and probably the fastest rb there is/was....he played 2 great seasons being that young, so his upside and potential was outmatched for drafting purposes, they got him at 22, thats basically like drafting a rb, and portis had great potential....

so i dont blame them for it, and it was pretty even...but denver obviously made the right choice and got the better end....portis would be a beast in that offense with his speed, but seeing as how any rb does well, and what they got on defense is worth it
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Timbathia » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:46 pm

Actually I am pretty sure the Broncos also got Tatum Bell in that trade, as the Redskins gave us a draft pick as well as Champ.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk