Bulger @ San Diego - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bulger @ San Diego

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:31 am

The Chargers have (or had until they lost two going on three starters) a great front 7, but their secondary's average. Bulger's having the best year of his career throwing to the best wideout in football (no offense Marvin), who's nickname is "Big Game". If you're planning on laying money on the STL-SD Game I'd take the "over".

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kellys Heroes » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:02 am

as stated before me... SD has had some injuries in their front 7... The DBs are very average.. and lets not over look the distraction w/ the Merriam thing...

I like Both QBs to but up 250/2 TDs.. should one of the better games tomorrow..
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:06 am

the chargers obviously have one of the best D's in the league, but it really depends on who your backkup is, bulger is almost always a very strong fantasy option, but if you have someone that you think may be better, than you may want to take a shot with that cause as I said, SD has a very very good defense, but merriman may be a distraction.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:36 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:What if this week we also have Grossman versus the 49ers....still use bulger?

I would start Grossman over every played not named Donovan McNabb this week. And that includes Peyton Manning. This is coming from a Niner's fan.

Niner's are a horrible team on the road. And they have the worst defensive backfield in the league no matter where the game is played. Chalk Berrian up for at least one TD, maybe two. And Clark and/or Muhammad should score as well.

This is either gonna be a bloodbath or a shootout. Either way Grossman is good for 300/3 IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: Bulger @ San Diego

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:38 pm

kemper5 wrote:I got Bulger and Palmer and have decided to go with Palmer vs a much much worse Pass D in Atlanta.. I have a feeling we may see Bulger struggle with a 200 yard 1 TD/1 int type lower scoring game...Merriman is still right in the middle of that Chargers D..

Man you are way off on this one. I can almost guarantee you that this is going to be a high scoring game. It's NFC/AFC, always high scoring. The O's will have the advantage in this one, especially St. Louis since they are coming off a bye. Check the line on this one.

SD is favored by 9, and the over/under is like 43. Obviously Vegas thinks SD is going to roll offensively in this one. EVen if St. Louis gets soundly beaten, coming from behind Bulger is likely to pass 40+ times. Knowing Bulger and St. Louis track record, that could easily go for 300+ with a couple scores.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby PSU All Day » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:20 pm

I have Bulger and Grossman as well and was thinking Grossman except that SF is not going to score on the Chi D so Chicago is not going to have to throw the ball much. Look for Chicago to get a couple of Def TD's and then run run run the ball for the rest of the day.

Grossman = 200 yds and 1 td this week because they are not going to need him to do more than that.

On the otherhand, Rams v. SD is going to be a shoot out. SD D is banged up and the SD O is very strong vs. a not so good Rams D. Spells lots of points to me.

I'm playing Bulger
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Crippler » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:57 pm

If you have Bulger, start him. Plain and simple. Grass, dirt, outdoor, indoor, snowing, whatever. The only exception to this rule is if your other option is named McNabb or Manning.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:43 am

Has anyone even seen SD's secondary (or lack thereof)? Trust me, as a huge SD fan, I'm expecting this game to be a shootout. With Phillips and Olshansky out, SD's defense will have little to no pass rush. STL is going to go after SD's secondary right off the bat. The last time these two teams matched up, Bulger threw for over 400 yds and 4 TD's (granted, different teams back then, but STL still has most of these guys in place). I'm crossing my fingers that the Bolts can keep this one close, but with the way Shotty's been calling plays, you never know what kind of offense you're going to get. I think Bulger is a decent start this week.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Average
26.7/41.1, 297/1.6/1.2

2006 Week8:

27/40, 327/2/0

8-o
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:23 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Average
26.7/41.1, 297/1.6/1.2

2006 Week8:

27/40, 327/2/0

8-o

Stats DO have a purpose! Nice kensat!

I was pleasantly surprised by the SD defense this game. Cromartie did a great job of covering Holt and Merriman was all over the place. Bulger and Bruce got me enough garbage time points, but SD still won...can't ask for more than that, although I hate it when Fantasy interferes with cheering for your home team!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk