Fun Factoids - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fun Factoids

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fun Factoids

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:36 pm

• Denver has allowed only 2 receiving TDs in 2006, and has not allowed a rushing touchdown this season. The last rushing touchdown against the Broncos came in the 2005 AFC Championship on 1/22/06, when both Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger ran for a score.
  • Baltimore has not allowed a running back to rush for a touchdown in 2006; the only rushing score this year came from Browns QB Charlie Frye. The last rushing touchdown by a RB against Baltimore was on 11/27/05 when Rudi Johnson ran a 3-yarder in.
  • Similarly, Chicago has not allowed a running back to rush for a touchdown in 2006; the only rushing score this year came from Lions QB Jon Kitna. The last rushing touchdown by a RB against the Bears was on 1/1/06 when Michael Bennett ran for a 61-yarder with 6 minutes left in the last game of the season.
  • When the Houston Texans held Jaguar QB Byron Leftwich to 125 yards last week, it eclipsed the previous low against Houston on 12/19/04, when C. Hutchinson from the Bears threw for only 168 yards.
  • In two career visits to Denver, Peyton Manning has not thrown a passing touchdown.
  • The last time a visiting wide receiver scored a touchdown in Kansas City was 11/06/05, when Randy Moss had 1 catch for 7 yards – a touchdown.
  • The Indianapolis Colts have allowed the fewest field goals this season - three. They are the only team in the league who allowed both a punt return touchdown and a kick return touchdown this season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm

Good info here, thanks.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ateam » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:58 pm

good tidbits.

That Bennett TD vs. Bears was against the 2nd string by the way. A move that has very much been criticized in Chicago, giving the team in essence 3 weeks off prior to their flat loss in playoffs. Not to mention cost the first team defense the vs. points title.

The Peyton TDs in Denver are amazing and timely. ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UncleIvan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:19 pm

In two career visits to Denver, Peyton Manning has not thrown a passing touchdown

uh oh
UncleIvan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DrSpackle » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:25 pm

UncleIvan wrote:In two career visits to Denver, Peyton Manning has not thrown a passing touchdown

uh oh

One of those visits, Jim Sorgi played every series except one. The Colts had wrapped up home field and Manning sat on the bench.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:30 pm

DrSpackle wrote:
UncleIvan wrote:In two career visits to Denver, Peyton Manning has not thrown a passing touchdown

uh oh

One of those visits, Jim Sorgi played every series except one. The Colts had wrapped up home field and Manning sat on the bench.

And the following week Peyton lit them up for 49 points. Of course that was in Indy..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mrblitz » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:30 pm

Very interesting facts. Thanks for posting them. I think the shocking one for me is the Peyton Manning Denver one.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm willing to bet $100 that the Denver/Peyton trend will change. Any takers?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:31 pm

I'll give you a cookie if you strike all mention of Chad Hutchinson and the Bears from your post. No need to remind folks of that embarassment. Please?
:-P
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'm willing to bet $100 that the Denver/Peyton trend will change. Any takers?

Man, I am tempted.

How about $20?, Kensat?

Twenty bucks says Manning DOESN'T throw a TD pass in Denver this weekend.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Football Talk