Best 2nd tier RB for rest of year? Gore, McGahee, TJones,etc - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best 2nd tier RB for rest of year? Gore, McGahee, TJones,etc

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best 2nd tier RB for rest of year? Gore, McGahee, TJones,etc

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Taking the likely studs away, LTomlinson, LJohnson, BWestbrook, CPortis, SJackson, TBarber, CTaylor (schedule), and strong plays llike KJones, RJohnson, RBrown and WParker out of the equation, who are the best of the second tier of backs and why? I know RBrown isnt exactly a stud, and Rudi's schedule is brutal, but Im basing this on how owners view their players partially.

Of the remainder of RBs, who has the most value for the rest of the season?

1. Tatum Bell
If he stays healthy, tremendous value as Broncos RB. Already has turf toe, so likely wont stay healthy. Get Mike Bell just incase.

2. Frank Gore-
So-so schedule after some tough matchups, but he is that entire offense. Will he be heavily undervalued though after Chicago and Minnesota back to back? PPR helps his value as well.

3. Willis McGahee
With all those touches, you would think he would be able to put it together. EASY playoff schedule as well. Probably undervalued at this point due to poor games.

4. Thomas Jones
cake schedule, but what about Benson? What if Bears dont get back to the run and stay with this year's success through the air?

I just mentioned a few things about those guys and didnt want to make a massive list, what do people think about top ones. Here are some of the usual suspects I'd guess at this point of the season, some tier 3-4 maybe but just listing them for discussion......

Warrick Dunn
Julius Jones
Edge James
Ahman Green
Deuce McAllister
Fred Taylor
MJDrew
MBarber
Travis Henry
Cadillac Williams
LMaroney
CDillon
JAddai
LWashington
DFoster
WLundy
JLewis
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple Allegiance » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:14 pm

Out of those guys, I like 2 to really emerge as stud # 2 runners.

Tatum Bell-If the turf toe isn't a problem, they will lean heavily on him down the stretch with a struggling Plummer or a rookie in Cutler. He has proven he can carry the load the last few games and is always a threat for a huge game. He could easily post 1,400 yards and 10 TD's.

Joseph Addai-It looks like he is gaining more carries and trust, and if he is the # 1 down the stretch he could post big numbers. He has looked like a tough runner with a good burst and is a good receiving option out of the backfield. He most likely won't score that many TD's due to Peyton, but could very well be a consistent 100 + total yards back with a few TD's scattered in.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:19 pm

In my estimation, McGahee has the most upside. His schedule is softer than the others, and plays better in cold weather.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:23 pm

My picks are Bell and McGahee. Bell is now the #1 back in Denver is and playing great. Great system and he should put up great stats. As for McGahee his schedule will get better and he is getting the touches. Look for him to break out soon.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:49 pm

McGahee and Green; both have easy schedules. Oh yeah, and I kinda need them to perform since my top two picks have changed their names to Jack and ....

Mod edit

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:20 am

LOL, sorry man, last year I had Deuce and KJones as my top two picks so I know your pain.

Tatum Bell does seem ready to explode, BUT can his body hold up? He already has turf toe and it has been just 2 games. Traditionally he just cant take the pounding. If he does hold up, watch out. Is his value though as high as......

Good arguments for McGahee and Addai. I have to question Green due to his durability. Im a diehard Packers fan, but I just worry that he wont hold up. He is an even bigger risk than Bell I think.

No mention of Gore or TJ yet, each have soft schedules.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pangbones » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:42 am

I like all 4 of the RB's you listed. Bell as long as he's healthy should post big numbers, as he's learned to get the tough yards. McGahee just needs some help, he'd be a top 5 RB with any kind of a passing threat.

TJ is about to hit the meat of their schedule. I expect the Bears to run the ball more and more each week, which will allow Benson to get his and not take much from Jones. Jones could be the best of this bunch when the season is over. They don't play anyone with a defense except Minn, and Miami. And Miami's struggled of late.

Gore is perhaps the most underrated of this bunch. He is a tough runner, and has great burst. His O line should be intact this week, for the first time since week 2. Which happens to be the last time he's scored a TD. Fumbles are a concern, but he's been working on that, and hopefully has corrected that problem. I think Gore can run on anyone, and will do better than most think this week against Chicago. He had a nice game against the Bears last year, when the wind was gusting to 40 MPH+, and the Bears knew they had to run.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby V-unit » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:40 am

I would say Bell,Maghee, and JJ.I think the problem with Bell is that he has a turf toe now and we dont know what to expect form him.Maghee has a nice schedule but the fact remains he still has JP as QB.I like JJ because he has been producing but now i think that the cowboys will rely on him more with Romo at QB.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:09 pm

I like McGahee and I'm still staying on the Dunn train. Maybe it's just hope since I have him in 2 out of 3 leagues, but he is 4th in the NFL in rushing and the only thing that's been holding him back has been Vick either rushing himself or dumping to Alge inside the 10.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:27 pm

I still really like Gore. He's been a top rusher so far this year and now he gets back Allen and Jennings on the left side. He became the first back this year to go over 100yds rushing against Chicago. He'll end up with less than 10 scores but his yardage will be among the top when it's all said and done.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk