Rudi, C. Taylor, K. Jones, T. Bell- Rank them next 2+ years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rudi, C. Taylor, K. Jones, T. Bell- Rank them next 2+ years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rudi, C. Taylor, K. Jones, T. Bell- Rank them next 2+ years

Postby Humpback » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:27 pm

I have a debate going on in my league between the values of these players for the rest of this season and the next few. Personally, I'd rank them like this:

Non-PPR: Rudi, Taylor, Bell, KJ
PPR: Taylor, KJ, Rudi, Bell

For the rest of this season, I'd probably rank Rudi a bit lower because of the brutal schedule, but for the next 3, I like his consistency. I tend to prefer players who have shown something in the past, which is sort of what this debate is about. How would you rank them, say through the '08 season?
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple Allegiance » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:42 pm

1-Kevin Jones-He has shown glimpses of greatness, and seems to be coming into his own with a nice overall game this year. That offense has a lot of weapons, and they can continue to improve around him, he could emerge into the elite.

2-Rudi Johnson-He has been a durable workhorse who has been one the most consistent running back's in the past couple seasons. I'm worried about too much wear and tear on him, but he has the running style and build to be able to handle it. His consistency sets him apart.

3-Chester Taylor-He will get to run behind a very talented O-Line and has a nice burst as well as contributions in the passing game. The only question is if he can carry the load over a number of seasons. So far it looks like he has what it takes.

4-Tatum Bell-The big play threat of the group, but his durability is a huge concern. He rarely contributes in the passing game as well. He has a lot of talent, but running in Shanahan's offense who knows if he will be the feature back.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:56 pm

I think Tatum, is going to be a superstar, so he's first.
Then Rudi, KJ and last Chester Taylor

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:28 pm

Tatum: Young talented back. As long as he keeps the starting gig in Denver he should put up great numbers. Denver is a run first offense and will continue to be.

Rudi: Not that young but still has a couple good years left. His O-Line aint great so if the Bengals can improve that than he's that much better. Consistantly good though.

Taylor: He's looked great so far and he should keep getting touches. Only question is durability. He has taken on a massive workload and may break down.

Jones: While he is talented and young I feel his value is up in the air because he's in Detroit. Their offense may change dramatically over the next few years. They may not have a QB either cause Kitna aint gonna last forever.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:33 am

Pretty split so far. Seems the consistency of Rudi places him near the top. I like Bell's talent, but too many question marks (durability, Shanny likes to change RB's like his underwear, etc.) for me to rank him the best right now. Jones has been good, but Martz signed a 2 yr. deal I believe, and you know he wants to be a head coach again, so he could even be gone after this season. Chester has been good as well, but he's had a few stinkers thrown in, and who knows if he can hold up to the pounding.

I could honestly see any of these RB's winding up as the #1 and any winding up as the #4 of the group over the next few years.
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby V-unit » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:33 am

1-Rudi-He has proven over the past 2 years that he can carry the load and be a fantasy stud.

2-Bell-I think has the most potintal out of the others but has yet to be a proven RB.

3-K.Jones-He is starting to come to his own but for some reason i still dont like him.He has been to inconsitent in the past so lets just hope he becomes consistant and keeps it up this year.

4-Taylor-He is a good RB and it looks like the team is built around running the ball.He has been good so far but the problem is in the next few years who will Minny have as a qb and that will determine Talyors Fantasy value.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rudi, C. Taylor, K. Jones, T. Bell- Rank them next 2+ years

Postby Matthias » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:45 am

Humpback wrote:Non-PPR: Rudi, Taylor, Bell, KJ

I'd agree except I'd put KJ over Bell. I just don't see the same commitment to Tatum as the Broncos made to Portis. So Tatum might hold on to the job for the next 2 years, or he might end up being the kick returner and star of the scout squad. Really, who knows.

Rudi has held up quite well.

Taylor looks good and I'm not worried about his QB. Brad Johnson is capable but he's not hugely dynamic. Which isn't a knock against him, I just don't see a huge dropoff if the Vikes decide to go another direction next year. Wilf doesn't seem like a big splash change kind of guy and Childress seems to have met every expectation thus far this year. And has a pretty tough-nosed approach to the game. So as long as Chester doesn't blow a knee out, I'd expect to continue to see more of the same.

KJ is definitely the starter and may even out to be an every week fantasy starter.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Humpback » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 pm

I certainly didn't think it'd happen this quickly, but Bell may just find himself in a RBBC again. Mike looked pretty darn good last night, and those turf toes can last a long time.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:14 pm

Purple Allegiance wrote:1-Kevin Jones-He has shown glimpses of greatness, and seems to be coming into his own with a nice overall game this year. That offense has a lot of weapons, and they can continue to improve around him, he could emerge into the elite.

2-Rudi Johnson-He has been a durable workhorse who has been one the most consistent running back's in the past couple seasons. I'm worried about too much wear and tear on him, but he has the running style and build to be able to handle it. His consistency sets him apart.

3-Chester Taylor-He will get to run behind a very talented O-Line and has a nice burst as well as contributions in the passing game. The only question is if he can carry the load over a number of seasons. So far it looks like he has what it takes.

4-Tatum Bell-The big play threat of the group, but his durability is a huge concern. He rarely contributes in the passing game as well. He has a lot of talent, but running in Shanahan's offense who knows if he will be the feature back.

I agree with this ranking however the guy I on this list who will end up being the best is going to be Chester Taylor this season. His team is committed to him running the ball, very good fullback, great left side of the O-Line and his schedule is soft outside of one games against the Bears from here on out.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:50 am

killiansjmd wrote:
Purple Allegiance wrote:1-Kevin Jones-He has shown glimpses of greatness, and seems to be coming into his own with a nice overall game this year. That offense has a lot of weapons, and they can continue to improve around him, he could emerge into the elite.

I agree with this ranking however the guy I on this list who will end up being the best is going to be Chester Taylor this season. His team is committed to him running the ball, very good fullback, great left side of the O-Line and his schedule is soft outside of one games against the Bears from here on out.

That's why I asked who you'd think will be the best over the next 2 1/2 seasons, assuming the schedules will balance out over that time. Taylor's schedule does look juicy this year, but this is his second big stinker of the year so far. He got a little banged up too. If he can stay healthy, he should be good.
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Football Talk