A few questions... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A few questions...

Moderator: Football Moderators

A few questions...

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:30 pm

just wanted to ask a few questions

1. what do you guys think about the situation w/ jimmy smith. Think he will be back?

2. What type of season do you think s. alexander will ahve? 1300 yds 11 tds? Also same about corey dillon and fred taylor...what type of numbers?

3. lastly, how do you guys think kevin johnson, chris chambers and derrick mason will do?

thanks alot!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:39 am

1. what do you guys think about the situation w/ jimmy smith. Think he will be back?

I hope so...I like Jimmy a lot. And I think he will be back, maybe not for the first one or two games, but I think he will be back. The only remaining question is, how long it will take then, until he regains full strength...so dont expect too much from him at least in the first half of the season

2. What type of season do you think s. alexander will ahve? 1300 yds 11 tds? Also same about corey dillon and fred taylor...what type of numbers?

I didnt believe in him for long time last season, and I am still not convinced 100% this year. His production dropped significantly in the sacond half of the season when defenses prepared for him, but at least 1100 yards and 8 TDs will be a safe bet, probably your numbers, too. Dillon will be int this range, too. He is very durable and with Frerotte at the helm, he might be off even better. So 1300 yds and a TD can be in easily. Concerning Taylor, I think noone can tell. For that you would have to know the number of games he plays...and noone can know that. He will get insured again, for sure, but the games he plays healthy will give you fine numbers.

3. lastly, how do you guys think kevin johnson, chris chambers and derrick mason will do?

I like Johnson and Chambers, they will have good seasons, I am not so sure about Mason, it depends a lot on Eddie George and the Titans offense.

thanks alot!!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:12 pm

I still think Jimmy is a #1 starter, even with a slow start.

Johnson is in a strange situation, depending on where he plays his value might change but he'S a good player to have on your squad.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:24 pm

c-webb:

i believe kevin johnson just signed a multi-year deal w/ cleveland

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:31 pm

With Johnson staying in Cleveland, he's a great player, and could fill your #1 WR role.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:46 pm

alexander will surpass 1300 yards and 11 tds.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk