Benson to get more carries? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson to get more carries?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:20 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:This game was a rout very early on and the split was 23/8 in carries. That pretty much tells you how many carries Benson can expect if T Jones is healthy all year... he'll get one-third the carries Jones does.

I'd expect point totals similar to Brandon Jacobs, even though I agree with the previous poster's point that he's not the traditional "vulture" RB.

Well, if Benson only gets that many carries in a blowout, I can't imagine he'll get the same carries in a close game that he would in a blowout....so I think you'll continue to see more of the same with TJ being the main guy for them. Once again TJ silences the talk of Benson getting more time by putting up a good game.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:28 am

As long as TJ keeps having 100 yard 1 TD games I'm using him as my #2 RB until a game proves otherwise. People have been saying he will lose carries to Benson for weeks now and TJ has been playing decent.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Phantom21 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:01 am

I listened to this hype and sat him in favor for T. Henry. BIG mistake. He is back in the line up this week for me over R. Brown.
Phantom21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Great point/correction, Mattb47, I didn't think that all the way thru before I posted it. In non-rout situations Benson would get even fewer carries.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:21 pm

Benson has had a fantasy impact in only two games this year. This week against San Fran and a couple weeks back in the blowout of the Bills.

T.Jones is going to keep getting the rock the rest of the season barring injuries.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk