What a Joke - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What a Joke

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:20 pm

We heard you jmog, we just didn't care. It's a stupid rule in the first place.

As for the Patsies fan who said it didn't look like he would get both feet down anyway, try looking at the play without the Red-White-and-Blue glasses, he was AT LEAST a foot from the sideline when Pool drilled him - the referees blew it, pure and simple.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jmog » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 pm

After the screw jobs that the Browns have had with the replay officials in recent years (like getting a TD overturned AFTER the Browns had already kicked the XP), its only fitting that once...EVER the Browns got a break when it comes to the officials.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby S27 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:30 pm

lmcjaho wrote:We heard you jmog, we just didn't care. It's a stupid rule in the first place.

As for the Patsies fan who said it didn't look like he would get both feet down anyway, try looking at the play without the Red-White-and-Blue glasses, he was AT LEAST a foot from the sideline when Pool drilled him - the referees blew it, pure and simple.

I said I may be taken as a biased source given my allegiance before I even stated my opinion. I saw the play a few times & it didn't look plausible but I said it should have been reviewed. If the Jets played well enough to win, they wouldn't have put themselves in the predicament to come back against one of the weaker teams in the league. Grow up.
S27
General Manager
General Manager

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jruiss01 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:51 am

jmog wrote:Maybe no one heard me, you can't review whether or not he would have landed in bounds. Its like reviewing a pass interference call, you can't do it. Once the ref on the field rules that he wasn't pushed out, that he would have landed out of bounds either way, you can't review it, end of discussion, period.

that's why it's a joke...referees are trained to make the right call...a play like that should have been ruled a force out and then reviewed...you can't end a game like that...it's like ending a game on a PI call or something, which has happened...it was almost like the officials were like, "let's just call it OB and go home im tired and i need a diaper change." Sometimes the NFL is a joke.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". - Eric Cantona
jruiss01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beezer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:20 am

The league does review controversial plays and goes over them with the officials, so I am sure the league office will have a talk with that ref. Right after the play, the official gave a half-hearted incomplete signal. And for those of you that didn't think he would have come down in bounds, you'd better get your eyeglass prescription renewed!! The rule that an official judgment call can't be reviewed needs to be changed. JETS GOT SCREWED BIG TIME.
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:23 am

Philliebuster wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Looked legit.

The non-review was legit?

I'm just kidding. I didn't even see the play.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting