Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me

Postby confused_jake » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:34 pm

This week i was questioning whether or not to bench manning for grossman because of their matchups. With the help of the cafe, i started manning. Grossman had an amazing game, 252 yards 3 TDs and i started to regret starting Manning. So what does he do? throws for 345 yards and 3 TDs.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:39 pm

Peyton Manning ceases to amaze me in the playoffs, year after year, after year, after year..........but during the season he's a great fantasy producer so I agree with you......
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:47 pm

I was dead wrong about Peyton this week, I was telling people to bench him, and look at what happened, damn, sorry fellas.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Pork Tornado » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:49 pm

He never ceases to amaze me either, he will be very, very confused in Foxboro next week and then again in the playoffs.
"It's time to eat lightning and crap thunder!"
Pork Tornado
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:02 pm

I knew he was a must start, He's a smart QB and would find weakness in that D. And I preached it.

Not to gloat... :-b
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:05 pm

The guy is a machine out there. He held the Broncos Defense in the palm of his hand out there today. They got no pressure on him all day. The only way you can even come close to beating them is to pressure him and hope for some tipped balls at the line to force some TO's.

The Broncos played a hell of a game out there, yet they did nothing to stop Peyton. The Broncos offense has nothing to regret in this game, they did all they could...
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:32 am

It's interesting though, the Broncos shut the Colts down in the first half to the tune of 2 Viniateri FGs.. and they showed the NFL how you can at least conatin the Colts.

The answer: make the drive the field in 12-15 plays.. If they don't score quick, you have more chances to let them make the mistake and end their own drive. Don't try to overblitz them, because they'll kill you with the big play.

The second part: Keep the ball and run the ball to chew up clock. Don't let the Colts get too many possesions, the less posessions they have, and the more their offesne feels pressured to do something when they have the ball.. Plus the weakest part of Indy's team is their run D
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:01 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:It's interesting though, the Broncos shut the Colts down in the first half to the tune of 2 Viniateri FGs.. and they showed the NFL how you can at least conatin the Colts.

The answer: make the drive the field in 12-15 plays.. If they don't score quick, you have more chances to let them make the mistake and end their own drive. Don't try to overblitz them, because they'll kill you with the big play.

The second part: Keep the ball and run the ball to chew up clock. Don't let the Colts get too many possesions, the less posessions they have, and the more their offesne feels pressured to do something when they have the ball.. Plus the weakest part of Indy's team is their run D

Easier said than done my friend. If Peyton is playing well, no defense in the NFL can stop that Indy offense. As teams saw last year, the only possible chance you have at beating Indy is to go after Manning all game long. It's the way both the Chargers and the Steelers beat them last year, but if you can't generate a good enough pass rush to get after Manning, you're going to struggle big time to slow him down.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby purestrength » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:26 am

Pork Tornado wrote:He never ceases to amaze me either, he will be very, very confused in Foxboro next week and then again in the playoffs.

I hope he'll be as confused in Foxboro as he was last year.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pork Tornado » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:38 am

You are absolutely right about last year. However this year's Pats team is way ahead of where they were last year and have less injuries.

Peyton will show his true colors against the Pats, just like he always did against Florida in college.
"It's time to eat lightning and crap thunder!"
Pork Tornado
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk