Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:41 am

confused_jake wrote:This week i was questioning whether or not to bench manning for grossman because of their matchups. With the help of the cafe, i started manning. Grossman had an amazing game, 252 yards 3 TDs and i started to regret starting Manning. So what does he do? throws for 345 yards and 3 TDs.

I can't believe that someone with Manning would still have Grossman as a backup. He could easily be traded to improve somewhere else on the team.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zevon » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:47 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Easier said than done my friend. If Peyton is playing well, no defense in the NFL can stop that Indy offense. As teams saw last year, the only possible chance you have at beating Indy is to go after Manning all game long. It's the way both the Chargers and the Steelers beat them last year, but if you can't generate a good enough pass rush to get after Manning, you're going to struggle big time to slow him down.

Pats laid the blueprint for rushing Manning some years ago - come straight up the middle. It'll be interesting to see if Peyton can win there next week. He always scares the crud out of me but then the Pats D does what it does.
Personally, I'm hoping for a snowstorm!
zevon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:21 pm

zevon wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Easier said than done my friend. If Peyton is playing well, no defense in the NFL can stop that Indy offense. As teams saw last year, the only possible chance you have at beating Indy is to go after Manning all game long. It's the way both the Chargers and the Steelers beat them last year, but if you can't generate a good enough pass rush to get after Manning, you're going to struggle big time to slow him down.

Pats laid the blueprint for rushing Manning some years ago - come straight up the middle. It'll be interesting to see if Peyton can win there next week. He always scares the crud out of me but then the Pats D does what it does.
Personally, I'm hoping for a snowstorm!

I don't think the NE defense is as good as it has been in years past when they beat the Colts. I don't think they are going to be able to generate enough pressure on Manning to get him out of sync. If you go after Manning and can't get to him, it is worse than not even trying at all. Manning played well last year against the Pats in NE going 28-37 for 321 yds, 3 TDs and 1 INT and they won 40-21. I think it'll be more of the same this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Peyton Manning never ceases to amaze me

Postby arod77 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:56 pm

skinsfan wrote:
confused_jake wrote:This week i was questioning whether or not to bench manning for grossman because of their matchups. With the help of the cafe, i started manning. Grossman had an amazing game, 252 yards 3 TDs and i started to regret starting Manning. So what does he do? throws for 345 yards and 3 TDs.

I can't believe that someone with Manning would still have Grossman as a backup. He could easily be traded to improve somewhere else on the team.

I can probably help answer the question as I am in the same situation in one of my leagues. I have Manning in my big $150 league (with $2 for every transaction move). This is our 3rd year and we also play baseball and basketball together. Since the buy in is high and there is money at stake, we decided to have a league with no trades. In the past some questionable trades have gone through and lots of argument has occurred whether a trade was fair or not. It got to the point were every trade was gettting rejected and it would cause eveyone involved to get mad. So, we just decided to not have any trades. Also, the team in 2nd place has basically begged me to drop my backup as he doesn't have a good QB. Further reeason not to drop him.
arod77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk