What the hell are the Cards waiting for to fire Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What the hell are the Cards waiting for to fire Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What the hell are the Cards waiting for to fire Green?

Postby BCGrindrod » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:11 pm

You got one of the best trio of WRs (Boldin, Fotz, Johnson), you have one of the top 5 Rbs (Edge) and a QB who has a Super-Bowl ring on his finger while the other is a stud in the making.

And you can't even make a decent game out of the Oakland and Green Bay matchups?

Ok, granted Fitz is out but Johnson is quite capable and Walters as WR3 ain't a bad situation to be in.

I had both Boldin & Johnson as my WR2 & WR3... because of Green's inability to get his mind off a KFC bucket, that offense can't even generate enough offense to beat two of the worst teams in the NFL.

WHY ? Because the Cards are officially worse than the Raiders as the team who sucks the most.

Thank you Dennis Green. Thank you for making my fantasy team oneof the worst this week.

I can't believe the Cards would not fire his obese butt tomorrow morning!
BCGrindrod
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:13 pm

I'm not that familiar with the Cardinals organization, but from what I do hear, I think the only reason he's still around is because he has a guaranteed contract through next season and the Bidwells are legendarily cheap.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Firing Green right now isn't going to change anything for this year. Their problem, as always, is their o-line. With them unable to block for Edge consistently or block well enough to give their QB a pocket, defenses can easily shut down their offense. All you have to do is smother Boldin right now and force Leinart to go through his progression. But since he has no pocket, he has no time and the Cards offense goes nowhere.

The Cards problems run so deep, a mid-season firing of Green won't help anything.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mrblitz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's all Green 's fault. I think it also has alot to do with their horrid O'line, and Defense. Of course you can't fire them, so I guess it does come down on Greens shoulders.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:19 pm

their offensive line is the problem. their defense has been playing surprisingly better than expected, and they have all the talent in the world on offense, but the offensive line cant open up holes for edge or protect leinart.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Matthias » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:47 pm

mrblitz wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's all Green 's fault. I think it also has alot to do with their horrid O'line, and Defense. Of course you can't fire them, so I guess it does come down on Greens shoulders.

Sorry, that really is all Denny. Take it from a bitter Vikings fan. I don't know how many games I watched where they would be up by 10 or 14 in the fourth quarter and then go into some soft, "bend but don't break" defense where they successfully did not give up an 80-yard TD but instead gave up 4 20-yard plays.

It's not that Denny intentionally builds bad defenses: he just doesn't care to build a mediocre one. He's fascinated by big name players at skill positions that he can sell as exciting and make it look like he's a good coach.

Look at their first round draft choices the past few years:
2006: #10 - Matt Leinart (QB)
2005: #8 - Antrel Rolle (CB)
2004: #3 - Larry Fitzgerald (WR)
2003: #17 - Bryant Johnson (WR)
#18 - Calvin Pace (DE)
and they got Anquan Boldin early in the second.

Granted, he wasn't around for the 2003 Draft, but did he really need to get Larry Fitzgerald in 2004 with Johnson and Boldin nabbed just the year before? And as far as the offensive line, he pretty much drafted them all. And let go the only blue chip O-lineman he had because he didn't like him for whatever reason.

So, I'm sorry. This team IS Denny Green's fault. He does a great job of obfuscating it, but would be the loudest one screaming and yelling if the Cardinals were on top of their division.

Never buy into the Green.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby iky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:42 pm

Fire damn Leonard Davis, he's #1 paid LT in the league. With almost 7 mil a year you oughta play like a whole line yourself! Firing Danny Green is not gonna do anything but mess up the season. But firing few Offensive line guys would be great, show them no job is safe. Damn overpaid athletes.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigDballer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:39 am

Reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys o-line.... ;-)
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 am

Blaming Green for the Cards poor play would be like blaming SA for Seattle's back to back losses. You can always find a scapegoat, but the fact of the matter is Green is a fine coach who has made fine choices, and now he just needs the o-line to play better and need Edge to get some confidence.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:55 am

Denny Green is fired on week 17 less than a minute after they lose to whomever they are playing. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting