What the hell are the Cards waiting for to fire Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

What the hell are the Cards waiting for to fire Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:19 pm

eman wrote:Blaming Green for the Cards poor play would be like blaming SA for Seattle's back to back losses. You can always find a scapegoat, but the fact of the matter is Green is a fine coach who has made fine choices, and now he just needs the o-line to play better and need Edge to get some confidence.

You have no idea on what you're talking about.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:23 pm

Matthias wrote:
eman wrote:Blaming Green for the Cards poor play would be like blaming SA for Seattle's back to back losses. You can always find a scapegoat, but the fact of the matter is Green is a fine coach who has made fine choices, and now he just needs the o-line to play better and need Edge to get some confidence.

You have no idea on what you're talking about.

;-D
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:26 pm

There's been reports coming out that the reason the Bidwells aren't firing Green mid-season is because they don't want to waste money. Green is supposed to get 3 something million this year and he's not going to resign because that means no money. And since the Bidwells will still have to pay if they fire him, they're going to wait.

LOL!!! Man, what cheap bastards.

Oh, and apparently a whole bunch of Cards coaches are supposedly Denny loyalists, so a house cleaning would gut a large portion of the coaching staff. I feel sorry for you Cards fans. Condolences...

And LOL @ the SA scapegoat thing!!
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:02 pm

I know what I'm talking about, it's just an opinion. I think Green gets too much of a bad rap. Questionable coaching calls....maybe. But I'm convinced other coaches revered as good coaches would have made similar decisions. I tend to stick up for coaches mre than others though, so maybe this is just me feeling bad for the guy having ALL the blame directed towards him.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:07 pm

I'm sorry, you don't. Sometimes there's a scapegoat and sometimes there's just a goat.

Shaun Alexander breaking his foot is completely out of his control. Denny Green coaching, choosing his assistant coaches, and choosing players for the past three years becomes responsible for both the personnel on the field and the quality of the play-calling.

This isn't a situation where Denny Green just stepped in at the beginning of the regular season and has to deal with the mess that someone else created. This is HIS mess. If he wanted an upgraded offensive line, he should have made that a priority in the past three years. If it was a concern of his, he wouldn't have dropped Pete Kendall in 2004 because of a player-coach disagreement. If it was something that was on his radar, there wouldn't have been so many rumors at the trading deadline about the Cardinals trading AWAY an offensive lineman this season.

And Edge? Confidence? C'mon. This isn't some greenhorn rookie you're talking about. This is a constant All-Pro. He knows that he can run. He just has no holes to run through. But leave it to Denny to sign a big name (Emmitt Smith, remember?) when his real problems laid elsewhere. It creates the illusion that he's doing something.

I followed Denny Green for ten years when he was the coach of the Vikings. The man is a snake who rewards loyal incompetents. Richard Solomon is a terrible, terrible assistant coach. But Denny keeps him employed. Even though no other NFL coach would ever touch him. He got lucky with Dungy and Billick (both who have put together Super Bowl teams since leaving his wing) and that's largely what his reputation is based on. But if you look at the personnel he assembles and the assistants he goes out to get and who he blames when he loses and who he gives the credit to when he wins, you'd realize the man is a blowhard buffoon.

You're entitled to your opinion. You're just also entitled to know that it has no basis in fact.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 pm

The Cards sucked before Green came. They're sucking while he's there. They'll suck once he leaves. That's my basis. I don't know as much about Green as you though, so I'll just say my opinion is Green is no worse than any other coach would be at Arizona and leave it at that.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:09 pm

Are you kidding me? of course Green is going to be worse than some coaches they bring into Arizona, the players have alot of pull power, they have a very nice stadium, signing players is the easy part here, the talent is easy to get (Edge signed tehre because his friend Fitz pursuaded him). They have a very talented offense that will win lots of games in the coming years if the defense and O-line are even Half decent, its really a simple task what the new coach(es) have to do, improve the O-line so they are respectable, and get couple players who can be play makers on D then build around them.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:10 pm

woops, came here on a link from another thread, forgot how old it was.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting