Did you bench Marion Barber? Check in here. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Did you bench Marion Barber? Check in here.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did you bench Marion Barber? Check in here.

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 pm

It cost me a victory this week and a move up into 3rd place, now I am in 5th. :-o :-° :~( :-P :-t
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Did you bench Marion Barber? Check in here.

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 pm

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:It cost me a victory this week and a move up into 3rd place, now I am in 5th. :-o :-° :~( :-P :-t

Lol, I knew this was coming.

I have him on the bench..but I still won pretty easily over my opponent. I need him next week though because my flex back (edge) is on bye. I like his chances against the Skins to get a TD. Any skins fans that can tell us if your starting DTs are still out?
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:58 pm

I started him in one league where I was getting blown out and his output made no difference.

Sat him in another league where I could have really used these points. Also benched McNair in this particular league :-P I would have blown out this guy if I had started them both.
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:00 am

I'd say that if anyone was depending on a backup goalline vulture RB to win the week for them, your team has other issues.

It would have been tough for anyone to predict that MB3 would have a multi-TD game tonight. People who started him should get a ;-D . People who didn't don't necessarily get a :-t though. But I can see why you would :~( .

:-B
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby V-unit » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:02 am

very true if your team needs a rb vulture then you have issues.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:03 am

beanoX3 wrote:I'd say that if anyone was depending on a backup goalline vulture RB to win the week for them, your team has other issues.

It would have been tough for anyone to predict that MB3 would have a multi-TD game tonight. People who started him should get a ;-D . People who didn't don't necessarily get a :-t though. But I can see why you would :~( .

:-B

In TD heavy leagues he has a decent amount of value. In one of my money leagues, He's in the top 5 in terms of overall points now for RBs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TaDa » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 am

Obviously not knowing what your team looks like, but I have to agree with the others. I would never have recommended starting Barber against a decent defense over someone like Lundy (who you could have snagged off waivers this year) against a horrible Tennesee defense. It really comes down to what your bench looks like when your main players are on bye.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:09 am

TheDiplomats wrote:In TD heavy leagues he has a decent amount of value. In one of my money leagues, He's in the top 5 in terms of overall points now for RBs.

Yea, I can see what you mean. But tonight was a bit of an aberration. No one would have predicted such a lopsided win for the Cowboys, which contributed to the extra carries MB3 got. My statement was mostly for people this week.

I suppose there's gonna be a mad scramble in a lot of leagues tomorrow looking for Marion Barber III though, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:11 am

beanoX3 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:In TD heavy leagues he has a decent amount of value. In one of my money leagues, He's in the top 5 in terms of overall points now for RBs.

Yea, I can see what you mean. But tonight was a bit of an aberration. No one would have predicted such a lopsided win for the Cowboys, which contributed to the extra carries MB3 got. My statement was mostly for people this week.

I suppose there's gonna be a mad scramble in a lot of leagues tomorrow looking for Marion Barber III though, lol.

I dunno..He didn't score a TD last game..but prior to that he had a 4 game TD streak. Parcells plugs him in at the goal-line quite a few times per game. As long as he gets goal-line carries, he will produce. (Well, TDs at least)
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

well

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:24 am

Well I had Portis, Betts, and SA out this week, and I started Tatum Bell so I had to choose between Jacobs and MB3.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting