IND-DEN game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IND-DEN game

Moderator: Football Moderators

IND-DEN game

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:20 am

2 thoughts about the IND-DEN game...

A. Mike Bell ran for 136 yards on 15 carries. Tatum Bell ran for 27 yards on 13 carries. So is Denver back to a RBBC or is this just temporary? (My gut says it's a temporary thing, but another week or two like this could put Tatum back where he was the last few years...)

B. Reggie Wayne had 10 catches for 138 yards. Marvin Harrison had 5 catches for 38 yards. Was this because Peyton simply didn't look for Harrison, or is this because the great Champ Bailey was at CB against Harrison all day? (I think it's a little of both..)
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:26 am

Firstly Tatum was injured and even said that his turf toe was limiting him. Mike may have a larger role for a few weeks while Tatum recovers.

I'd say Manning purposely avoided Bailey like the plague. He pretty much only looked for Wayne. In the second half it's like he didn't even move his head. Complete tunnel vision. Good for Wayne owners though :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:27 am

Champ Bailey being on harrison was a big part of it, but keep in mind Wayne isn't a true #2 reciever, more of a #1.5, so it's normal for him to get a lot of looks.

And i seriously think that denver will revert back to RBBC. It makes sense from an NFL standpoint, so i'd say Shanahan just plays whoever is hot.
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby V-unit » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:29 am

very true Bobbing_Heads Manning pretty much avoided the left side the entire game.I wonder why he avoid that left side ummm maybe cus Bailey was their.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:43 am

What do you mean for Denver to revert back to RBBC? I don't recall them ever being in one really...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:40 am

Tatum's turf toe (say that 10 times fast!) was bothering him a lot more than he led on. It was very evident to me watching the game yesterday. He did not have any explosiveness, he couldn't make any of his cut-backs and his longest run of the day was called back due to a holding penalty. Sucks for me because I played Tatum while Mike sat on my bench racking up FF points.

My guess is the job is still Tatum's but Mike will see touches until Tatum is healthy. Tatum was very productive when healthy. But as a Mike & Tatum owner I will be monitoring this closely.

Oh yeah, Hey Shanny!! You might want to double that Wayne guy. He's pretty good!!!
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JakeTrain72 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:48 am

Speaking of RBBC's, a third thought about this game was Addai's 17 rushing attempts and 5 completions to Rhodes' 3 rushing attempts and 3 completions. The end of the RBBC in Indy?

I see Mike B. getting more carries, Turf Toe has a way of lingering unless you comepltely stay off the foot for awhile. Thus, I think it is liklier that Mike gets featured while Tatum gets healthy rather than it becoming a RBBC.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:50 am

I don't think Tatum will be healthy again this season unless he takes some time off. An injury like turf toe is going to linger around until he can let it heal up again. So I think you'll see Mike Bell play a pretty significant role from here on out.

EDIT: JakeTrain and I seemed to have been thinking the exact same thing.... :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:27 am

V-unit wrote:very true Bobbing_Heads Manning pretty much avoided the left side the entire game.I wonder why he avoid that left side ummm maybe cus Bailey was their.

Was he avoiding Champ Bailey or going after Darrent Williams? Reggie Wayne had him turned around on every play. I think Peyton would have been exploiting that matchup no matter who was covering Harrison.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Humpback » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:44 am

onnestabe wrote:
V-unit wrote:very true Bobbing_Heads Manning pretty much avoided the left side the entire game.I wonder why he avoid that left side ummm maybe cus Bailey was their.

Was he avoiding Champ Bailey or going after Darrent Williams? Reggie Wayne had him turned around on every play. I think Peyton would have been exploiting that matchup no matter who was covering Harrison.

Exactly- it's not as if he was scared of Bailey, but why bother throwing at him if they can't come close to stopping Wayne. He picked them apart all game long.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Football Talk