Yahoo Fantasy Sports. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

Postby Brutallica801 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 am

I will never play in a Yahoo league again. I paid to have that piece of crap stat tracker, and it doesn't even work right half the time.

Last week, I had a furious comeback with the NY Giants defense and Shockey against the first place team and came out in the end with a 2 point win... or so I thought. Tuesday morning, I woke up with a 5-2 record because of the win and was sitting in second place. Thursday, I went to set my roster for the week and at some point, it updated, and I was sitting at 4-3 and had a 1 point loss. What a killer.

Yesterday, I went to bed at 2:00 A.M. and was sitting with a tie going into tonights game, I have the Pats D, he has Longwell. I woke up today, and I'm down by 8 because it had just barely updated Seattles D for the other owner.

Does anyone else have these issues? I've never used ESPN or NFL.com, but Yahoo is garbage, and their rankings suck and are outdated as well. You would think since you have to pay they would actually get it right... ugghhh.
Brutallica801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Brutallica801 wrote:Does anyone else have these issues? I've never used ESPN or NFL.com, but Yahoo is garbage, and their rankings suck and are outdated as well. You would think since you have to pay they would actually get it right... ugghhh.

ESPN updates stuff the next day too.

As of midnight last night, Balt D had 9pts. This morning, 17pts.

It made my 5pt squeaker into a 13pt solid win.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:03 pm

So....because Yahoo changed the stats to make it accurate....you're mad at them for you losing? If you lost, you lost, every single site will have things like this where they update the next day....it's not just Yahoo. You're just gonna have to get over it i think....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Thursday » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:08 pm

Yeah, you're acting a little wacky here dude. Just because they wanted to be accurate, you hate them??? You should be praising their efforts to get everything right. It isn't their fault you lost.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brutallica801 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:22 pm

You're all right, losing is losing, but I would think if you have to pay to use the stat tracker for "up to the minute" stats, it would work "up to the minute" and not two days after the game is over.
Brutallica801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:34 pm

Absolutely. For $0.63 a week, you should have a team of experts making real time corrections to mistakes made by the NFL. I would write Yahoo and demand that $0.63 back right away. Or see if you can find some change in your couch. How much do pacifiers cost?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Bowie wrote:Absolutely. For $0.63 a week, you should have a team of experts making real time corrections to mistakes made by the NFL. I would write Yahoo and demand that $0.63 back right away. Or see if you can find some change in your couch. How much do pacifiers cost?

You can get a pack of 5 for $1 at my local dollar store. ;-D

I'd have to agree that you're overreacting to what the NFL commonly does the day after games, correcting stats. Happens all the time and probably will happen a lot more in the future. So you're going to be screwed the same way no matter what service you switch to.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:19 pm

Brutallica801 wrote:Yesterday, I went to bed at 2:00 A.M. and was sitting with a tie going into tonights game, I have the Pats D, he has Longwell. I woke up today, and I'm down by 8 because it had just barely updated Seattles D for the other owner.

Looks like the Pats D is going to win it for you anyway so suck it up...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 am

Yahoo sucks caulk. I like nfl.com so much better. #1 the up to the minute score tracker costs nothing. #2 you dont have to total up everyones points or wait until monday morning to see any points. #3 I had the Saints defense when Bush ran the punt back for a TD. Since Yahoo doesnt include special teams in their defense scoring, I lost by 4 points that week.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:18 am

benb18a wrote:Yahoo sucks caulk. I like nfl.com so much better. #1 the up to the minute score tracker costs nothing. #2 you dont have to total up everyones points or wait until monday morning to see any points. #3 I had the Saints defense when Bush ran the punt back for a TD. Since Yahoo doesnt include special teams in their defense scoring, I lost by 4 points that week.

Including special teams in your scoring is part of your individual league settings.....not Yahoo's fault....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk