MIKE BELL starter? How bad is Tatum's Injured Toe?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MIKE BELL starter? How bad is Tatum's Injured Toe??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:00 pm

Flux wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:And the winners of the mike bell waiver sweepstakes will receive the Steelers in Pitt next week.

:-/

Stiller's just got beat by the Raider's. The freaking RAIDER'S. They're not scaring anyone right now.

Oakland scored no offensive TDs

Who cares? Pittsburgh turned the ball over a lot. They have been turning the ball over a lot the entire season (Big Ben). That right there is going to lead to scoring opportunities. Oakland has proven to have one of the worst offenses in the league, yet they managed to put up 20 on Pittsburgh. And Denver has proven to have one of the BEST rushing offenses in the league. I don't think this is a "bad" matchup for Denver RBs at all.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:10 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Flux wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:And the winners of the mike bell waiver sweepstakes will receive the Steelers in Pitt next week.

:-/

Stiller's just got beat by the Raider's. The freaking RAIDER'S. They're not scaring anyone right now.

Oakland scored no offensive TDs

Who cares? Pittsburgh turned the ball over a lot. They have been turning the ball over a lot the entire season (Big Ben). That right there is going to lead to scoring opportunities. Oakland has proven to have one of the worst offenses in the league, yet they managed to put up 20 on Pittsburgh. And Denver has proven to have one of the BEST rushing offenses in the league. I don't think this is a "bad" matchup for Denver RBs at all.

The fact that Oakland only had 98 net yards on offense against the Steelers does have a bearing on how Mike Bell will perform against them. Yes, they scored 20 pts, but their offense did absolutely nothing. The thing is that although the Steelers have been turning the ball over frequently, they are still #8 in run defense and have only given up 3.4 ypc and only 4 TDs in 7 games on the ground. Regardless of how their offense is performing, that defense is still very stingy against the run.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

as

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:40 pm

As a Tatum owner, would it be better to try and trade for Mike Bell? Or just outright deal Tatum?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:48 pm

Mike Bell is NOT a RB to start this week. Pitt is going to clamp down on Denver BIG time with their backs and pride against the wall.

But yeah make sure to pick him up for the following weeks...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Maybe I should clarify . . .

I am starting Mike Bell becuase I have to. I have both Tatum & Mike. Since Tatum is hurt, I'm going with Mike.

80 yds and a TD is not out of the question. And I'll take it from my #2 RB.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mattb47 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:04 pm

DrSpackle wrote:Maybe I should clarify . . .

I am starting Mike Bell becuase I have to. I have both Tatum & Mike. Since Tatum is hurt, I'm going with Mike.

80 yds and a TD is not out of the question. And I'll take it from my #2 RB.

Not out of the question but not exactly likely. That's a pretty solid showing for a RB and more than the Steelers normally give up to one guy.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby swyck » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Azrael wrote:Deal Tatum Bell right now while you can.

To someone that doesn't read the paper or check the boxscores.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:27 pm

Im upset about the news but i made out GREAT in the outcome...

traded tatum bell and reggie williams for ronnie brown, and picked up mike bell before the game started when i read about turf toe....

so now i feel comfortable starting mike bell, and still ended up getting ronnie brown off tatum, worked out ok...

and for the record i think mike is a good start in deep leagues, denver sticks with the run, they dont trust plummer to throw the entire game, and tatum may start, but i expect the carries to be something like

Mike: 17
Tatum:6

roughly around that, what makes me feel comfortable is mike was doing goal line runes even when tatum was healthy, so you have a chance for a TD....

but to all tatum owners, id package him with someone and trade him, and grab mike if you havent already....tatum still has some value since he's listed as a "starter", and was doing well previously, id jump on that opportunity and go for it....
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby euclid530 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:32 pm

the question for this week is which qb shows up since both defenses are tough. the team that builds an early lead will get a lot of running attempts and should have decent stats

i'm thinking bell might not be a bad play just because he could have a decent amount of yards recieving. I'm not doubting the steelers defense but i don't think they are going anywhere this year with that offense and the hole they have dug themselves
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jruiss01 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am

you think i should dump t bell right now? i mean ho wbad is this injury?

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". - Eric Cantona
jruiss01
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk