Reggie bush intentionally injured? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie bush intentionally injured?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie bush intentionally injured?

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 pm

from rotoworld:
Ravens LB Bart Scott implied that he intentionally injured Reggie Bush's ankle.
"The media darling, aka the golden boy of the NFL, tried to take a cheap shot at me, so I told him I was going to put some extra on it," Scott said. "I put a little hot sauce on that ankle." In the same article, the Baltimore Sun notes that Bush dived to the turf on a five-yard run to avoid a hit from Ray Lewis.

Anyone see the NFL fining this guy? Probably something that is true, but would have been better left unsaid, and out of the papers

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VDavis » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:53 pm

I didn't see the hit, but I dobut they'd fine him since he didn't explicitly say that he tried to injure him.
Thanks to kaveman for the awesome sig
VDavis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:57 pm

Saying He put a little Hot Sauz on a hit wouldnt be a problem with me, But saying he put a little Hot Sauz on his ankle...is a different stroy...since thats what he injuried.

Im not sure if its fineable though.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:01 pm

yeah, i wouldnt think it was fineable, but seeing as he is quoted in the paper saying it about reggie's ankle, it might be a different story

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:04 pm

Watching the game, I remember the hit and also remember thinking that he held onto the ankle a little longer than was necessary. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but seeing that he "put some hot sauce" on Bush's ankle tells me that he was intentionally trying to hurt him. Even worse that he tried to hurt the ankle of a RB - a minor ankle injury can get major for a RB.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:06 pm

Scott should be fined for injuring the ankle, and then fined again for being an idiot and bragging to the paper about it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:58 pm

The hit probably wouldn't have drawn a fine, but maybe now after Scott bragged to the papers that he intentionally aimed for the ankle may give the NFL some reason to look into it.

But if he doesn't get fined for it, someone on the Ravens staff should smack him upside the head for saying something so stupid to the media.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:55 pm

Bart Scott is an idiot shooting off his idiot mouth.

The play went like this. Bush was blowing by Scott and Scott did the ONLY thing he could do, try to grab his ankles. As he was grabing his ankles, Scott did what all defenders do, he twisted. All defenders do that to take a ball carrier down when ankle tackling. Bush's toe got caught in the turf as Scott was landing/twisting. Bush's ankle just tweeked a little. It was NOTHING intentional, and for Scott to claim it as so is just plain moronic.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:06 pm

I read this too. I hope he gets fined for being an idiot. I was watching the play at the time and the tackle was perfectly clean, but I do remember him shoving Reggie as he got up. Pretty moronic thing to say though, doesnt make me think very highly of him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:33 am

Free Bagel wrote:Scott should be fined for injuring the ankle, and then fined again for being an idiot and bragging to the paper about it.

Neat ;-D
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk