don't laugh.....week 9 sleeper of the week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

don't laugh.....week 9 sleeper of the week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:37 pm

onnestabe wrote:
ukpodge wrote:well would you rather have johnson or someone like seneca wallace or charlie frye???/
12 team keeper league and those are pretty much my choices

Frye isn't an option, but Seneca Wallace gives you a higher ceiling than Johnson.

Agreed. Now HE has some WRs.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm

You doubters are nuts! "Good crazy or bad crazy?"

Seriously, Phil Rivers just went 334/ 2TDs 2 weeks ago, Rex tossed 3 in 1st half???!!

BJ could do exactly what Rex did yesterday easily.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:40 pm

ateam wrote:BJ could do exactly what Rex did yesterday easily.

Ten years ago.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:41 pm

Matthias wrote:
onnestabe wrote:Brad Johnson is a solid QB in real life, but doesn't put up stellar numbers. I have a feeling that MIN is just going to pound the rock with Chester Taylor and walk away with a quick win.

Exactly. He's like Roethlisberger. He doesn't make the dumb mistakes or forced passes that can lose your NFL team the game

you must have missed the raiders game yesterday.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ukpodge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:41 pm

Matthias wrote:Honestly, and weird as it is to say, but the Bears are more of a passing team than the Vikings. Grossman has a hell of an arm and a fantastic rookie receiver. Johnson does the smart play, isn't really a long ball guy, and has some pretty mediocre wideouts. The only guy who is really interesting is Williamson and it's always a crap shoot if he's going to actually catch the ball or not. And Childress is dedicated to the running game.

Johnson might end up with 3 TD's because the squad moves the ball and then he hits Travis Taylor or Jermaine Wiggins in the red zone but as I said earlier, I wouldn't bet on it. And I certainly wouldn't count on it. If you need to rely on him, you might want to check your other options.

Thus making him a GREAT candidate for sleeper. I mean anyone can pick someone like grossman as a sleeper, but I truely think Johnson has a shot to put up big numbers
ukpodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:42 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
Matthias wrote:
onnestabe wrote:Brad Johnson is a solid QB in real life, but doesn't put up stellar numbers. I have a feeling that MIN is just going to pound the rock with Chester Taylor and walk away with a quick win.

Exactly. He's like Roethlisberger. He doesn't make the dumb mistakes or forced passes that can lose your NFL team the game

you must have missed the raiders game yesterday.

Fair enough. But generally.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ukpodge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:42 pm

and if a team is looking for a QB who is probably on the waiver wire.......then this makes him a top pick for sleeper
ukpodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:44 pm

ateam wrote:You doubters are nuts! "Good crazy or bad crazy?"

Seriously, Phil Rivers just went 334/ 2TDs 2 weeks ago, Rex tossed 3 in 1st half???!!

You do know that this is the same Brad Johnson who is averaging about 215 yards, 0.66 TDs, and 0.66 INTs so far this season?

I mean, c'mon. I'm a Vikings fan and I actually LIKE Brad Johnson as their quarterback. But it would be a pretty thin day when I'd play him as my fantasy one.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm

ukpodge wrote:and if a team is looking for a QB who is probably on the waiver wire.......then this makes him a top pick for sleeper

No. That makes him a top pick for available. But as I said above, I'd roll with Seneca Wallace over Brad Johnson next week.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ukpodge » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Matthias wrote:
ateam wrote:You doubters are nuts! "Good crazy or bad crazy?"

You do know that this is the same Brad Johnson who is averaging about 215 yards, 0.66 TDs, and 0.66 INTs so far this season?

I mean, c'mon. I'm a Vikings fan and I actually LIKE Brad Johnson as their quarterback. But it would be a pretty thin day when I'd play him as my fantasy one.

That is why he is a perfect sleeper candidate against a horrible defense. Just 2 weeks ago he did have 2 tds
ukpodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk