don't laugh.....week 9 sleeper of the week - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

don't laugh.....week 9 sleeper of the week

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 pm

ukpodge wrote:marcus robinson is a pretty good red zone target and williamson can be a deep threat.

They're both dealing with injuries and Williamson can't catch the stupid football. I've seen him drop more balls this year than any other receiver in the NFL and a lot of them either hit him in both hands or bounces off his chest. And his concussion shouldn't help matters any. The Vikings other receiver, Travis Taylor also had a concussion last week I think.

I've nothing to back this up besides hearsay from 49ers fans, but they've told me that their defense is much better at home. So, does that droop anyone's Brad Johnson enthusiasm?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:39 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
ukpodge wrote:marcus robinson is a pretty good red zone target and williamson can be a deep threat.

They're both dealing with injuries and Williamson can't catch the stupid football. I've seen him drop more balls this year than any other receiver in the NFL and a lot of them either hit him in both hands or bounces off his chest.

Yah. Williamson is a great sprinter. He's just not a great receiver.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:12 pm

Matthias wrote:Exactly. He's like Roethlisberger. He doesn't make the dumb mistakes or forced passes that can lose your NFL team the game, but he isn't prone to putting up 300+ yard 3-TD games that win the week for your fantasy team. And quite frankly, the Vikes this year aren't built for that kind of game, either.

Not to say that either of them can't go 350 & 3, but I wouldn't ever bet on it. Even against the Niners.

Alright. Last night he made at least one really bad mistake (the first INT in the end zone). But the other ones he just didn't have the arm to get there.

If you think he's going 300 and 3, by all means, pick him up and start him. But especially after last night, I don't see how you can think that.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: don't laugh.....week 9 sleeper of the week

Postby skinsfan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:31 pm

ukpodge wrote:Brad Johnson vs. San Francisco.
I played some pop warner QB and I think I could throw for 300 and 3 td's against this defense.
at least this is what I am hoping for because McNabb is one bye!!!

Actually that's a good call. I see 300 and 3TD; SF can't stop anybody right now. If Chicago can hang 41 on em in a half, Minnesota should at least match that for the game.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 pm

Matthias wrote:
Matthias wrote:Exactly. He's like Roethlisberger. He doesn't make the dumb mistakes or forced passes that can lose your NFL team the game, but he isn't prone to putting up 300+ yard 3-TD games that win the week for your fantasy team. And quite frankly, the Vikes this year aren't built for that kind of game, either.

Not to say that either of them can't go 350 & 3, but I wouldn't ever bet on it. Even against the Niners.

Alright. Last night he made at least one really bad mistake (the first INT in the end zone). But the other ones he just didn't have the arm to get there.

If you think he's going 300 and 3, by all means, pick him up and start him. But especially after last night, I don't see how you can think that.

Exactly like Who? Roethlisberger, who doesn't make the dumb mistakes that costs his team to lose the game? Well after watching this year I'm thinking Roethlisberger just had one hell of a ride and isn't quite the QB everyone thought he was.

But back on topic, the 300 yards is probably pushing it. But I could see 3 TDs if they pass it in the redzone. The RBs are going to get a work out on this day methinks.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tsunami001 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:25 pm

good thing I didn't let brad fool me again after losing my game for me last week
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:06 pm

In my league, Brad Johnson got -4 fantasy points :-B

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm

I hope nobody heeded this advice. :-t
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 pm

hindsight is 20-20.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:08 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:hindsight is 20-20.

Exactly. Every week we all make decisions that seem to make sense at the time and every week some of those decisions turn out to be dead wrong. This week I needed a bye week replacement for one of my WR's. I had Welker & Booker was on the WW. I figured they were both bad plays going against Chicago and they ended up with a TD each. I also thought about grabbing D.Henderson after I heard Horn was out. Then I read where Henderson wouldn't be starting so I decided against it. Henderson had 100+ & 2 TD's. So what seemed like smart moves at the time (not playing Welker, Booker, or Henderson) totally backfired. That's what makes fantasy football so great and frustrating at the same time.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk