Toss Up: Harrison vs. Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Toss Up: Harrison vs. Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Crippler » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:27 pm

I'd much rather have Harrison. He's more consistant and is more proven. Yes, Wayne had a big game but Harrison is more reliable in my opinion.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Be happy if you have one or the other. Both should be good for 6 catches, 80 yards and a touchdown. Hell, you could play both of them on the same team and do fine.

If you had to choose one, i'd choose harrison because most teams DON'T double team him, he won't face a CB like bailey every week, and peyton still looks to him first in the endzone.
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:57 pm

They're positively equal. Each will have huge games, although of course in the long run, Wayne's the guy to have (keeper). I'd choose Harrison personally because I like him better than Wayne.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:42 pm

Crippler wrote:I'd much rather have Harrison. He's more consistant and is more proven. Yes, Wayne had a big game but Harrison is more reliable in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. They will probably put up similar totals by year's end, but Harrison seems to be the reliable, possession receiver, while Wayne is the "big play" guy.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:26 pm

I am a Wayne owner and would MUCH rather have Harrison. Wayne has not been historcaly as good a redzone target, though the numbers this year (inflated by one game) seem to counter that thought.
Harrison is money, I'd take him every time. Though I'm not complaining about Waynes weekend...he gave me my victory.

Thanks Reggie.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Midway » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:22 pm

Yeah, over the course of a season, Marvin will post better numbers. And the chemistry that Marvin and Peyton have is second to none. Just wait, Marvin will bust out with a huge game before the season is over.

I have both in different leagues, Harrison in a ppr and Wayne in non-ppr, and honestly apart from that huge game last week Wayne had been pretty quiet. Good but not great, while Marvin is the model of consistency, you don't have valleys with Marvin, just good production and a few break out games.

For this season, I'd rather have Marvin. Next year, Wayne may overtake him. They're production has gotten closer and closer each year and you know it's only a matter of time before Wayne becomes the true #1 in Indy. But for this year, Marvin will be the better receiver to have.
Midway
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk