duece mcallister? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

duece mcallister?

Moderator: Football Moderators

duece mcallister?

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:34 pm

do you guys think he could put together a 1200 yds season w/ 8 tds?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:23 am

I think that it is very possible. This is Deuce's year to shine now that Williams is gone, and he has looked good so far in preseason games. I think with his rushing and receptions, 1200 yds / 8 tds are very possible.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Or more

Postby walman339 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:29 am

I'm thinking Deuce will have more like 1350 to 1400 total yards and 10-12 TDs. I have studied him very hard because in my keeper league, with my pick, I will take either him or A. Thomas and I can't decide who. A-Train will rush for more and has a more run oriented offense, but Deuce could prove a great outlet for a scrambling Brooks and he catches passes second only to Faulk.

I have less the 24 hours to decide :(
walman339
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

In case you care

Postby walman339 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:43 am

I took Deuce. He has just way to much upside. I see Priest Holmes numbers or better.
walman339
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Picklejuice » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:27 pm

Everyone is jumping on the Duece train right now bc of a great preseason, and that's ok. However, people who are predicitng that he'll lead the league need to take a breath and relax.

Don't forget, its preseason. Duece hasn't done diddly in an actual game yet. That's not to say he won't, but don't bet the farm on performances in games that don't count. He still has some durability questions, and the Saints have some team questions as well - did you see what happened to them at the end of last year?

I still think Duece is a good pick, but don't throw him too high on your board and pass over guys who are more proven, like Dillon.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:35 pm

This is Deuce's year.Williams shipped out,now it's Deuce's turn.1,200 yards is very possible.Don't count on it,but it is possible.By saying not to count on it,I mean to set your expectations for atleast 900 yards and 5 TD's,anymore than that from Deuce is a breakout season for him.That way,if he gets 1,200 yards you are surprised as hell,rather than him living up to your expectations.
n_tremain23

I agree

Postby walman339 » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:07 am

I agree with you. In my case, Deuce and A-Train were the best two backs left. The top 11 RBs were already protected in my league so I don't feel like I put too much emphasis on him. Besides, since I already have Faulk, I just need solid numbers and TDs, nothing spectacular, from my 2nd RB.

Thanks for the comments.
walman339
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk