Carson Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carson Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carson Palmer

Postby Athrun340 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:25 pm

is he ever gonna throw 300+ yrds 3+ TD?

so far his performance this season is very average 11 TD 4 int plus the 5 lost fumbles..

where is the dominating performance like peyton's? this is kinda disappointing since palmer is the heart of my fantasy team ..
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:30 pm

Last year was his second full season. Maybe it was an aberration? Maybe his mechanics are still messed up from the injury (this is a distinct possibility)? It also looks like his O-Line isn't nearly as good as it has been since he's been sacked 21 times already this year. Plenty of variables are thrown into the mix for the Bengals and Palmer this year.

Who knows what the "norm" is until you have a few years of data to go by. Who knows whether he will ever have a good game until he does it. You just have to keep plugging him in there as long as he has a more favorable matchup than your backup QB. With the weapons he has at his disposal, there is always a chance for a huge game.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Farouche » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 am

His injury has a 14-18 month recovery period and he has lost a veteran center and a pro bowl LT. All things considered, he's done very well - but anyone expecting last year's numbers was probably fooling themselves.
Farouche
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dalej » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:37 pm

There are three big factors. The injury is probably part of it, but I would only blame the first game on that. The second factor is schedule. They have a lot tougher schedule this year than they did last year. The third factor is weapons. Palmer didn't have Chris Henry for three games this year. His production, particulary TD's, was down signficantly in those games. If we take out the first game, the other three games which he had Henry he threw for 8 TD's. In the three games without him, he threw for only 3. Henry is back. Carson should be back.
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:12 pm

People have already mentioned the numerous things hindering Carson right now...The injury to him, injuries to Richie and Levi, injuries to the receivers and Chris Perry...

But as I've been saying since Week 4 or so....OC Bob Bratkowski is what's holding the offense back....Not enough vertical play-calling, play-action, or Rudi touches to make the defense honest....Too many "trickery" attempts....Leave trick plays to the teams that need a spark on offense, not a team with weapons like this one....He's just not doing a good job calling plays this year....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby fantasizing » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:20 pm

Thats interesting. I've noticed that Cincinnati isn't going deep as often as they used to last year and I do think Henry is a vital part of that offense. He's an immense talent and it would be a shame if the Bengals lose him to these off the field troubles.

One thing for sure is that their schedule is the most brutal of all schedules. All things considered, I think Palmer has done quite well. He is averaging 240 yrds/game and 1.57 TDs per game, which projected out for the season amounts to 3,840 yards and 25 TDs....just a shade off last years numbers. Not bad at all.

I think people were just expecting 4,500 yards and 40 TDs this season.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:12 pm

fantasizing wrote:I think people were just expecting 4,500 yards and 40 TDs this season.

That's very true. People were expecting Palmer to be the 2nd or 3rd best fantasy QB behind Peyton this year. I suppose now that we're in week 9 of the NFL season, if people's expectations are still that high, some drug tests should be in order.

Palmer should end the season around mid-pack among QBs fantasy-wise and that ain't all that bad. ;-D
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk