Rookies within RBBC's moving forward - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookies within RBBC's moving forward

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookies within RBBC's moving forward

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am

This has been touched on but not as directly. Now that we are half way through the season, can we get a better understanding of the RBBC's? most importantly regarding the young, rookie backs for our keeper leagues moving forward. After 8 weeks, we have seen how the coaches are using these guys so let's forecast for the rest of the season and down the road.

Denver-Mike Bell lost the job, but injuries are going to give him another chance. Will Denver ever feature a RB for an entire season?

Indy-Addai looks like the featured back, Rhodes won't go away this season but is this Addai's job outright next season?

Chicago-Not a rookie but worthy of mentioning in this type of discussion. Benson is riding pine and wants to be the starter. If given the job I don't see why he wouldn't do well.

New England-Maroney looks good but Dillon has the trust of the coach. Does Dillon in 2007 become Faulk in 2005?

Houston-Lundy seems to have the edge here but DomDavis is a factor for next year. Or is he?

Carolina-DeAngelo looks decent but Foster has been alright as well. I can't see them just demoting Foster, so it seems this is a RBBC next year as well.

New Orleans-McAllister still has some solid years ahead of him. At what point do they work Bush into the backfield more or do they keep him in the role he is in? Could keep the value of each of them lower for the next 2 seasons.

Green Bay, New York, and New York- These teams have players that are capable of handling the load but for injury and retirement reasons these teams have reason to add a RB in the future, muddying the status of Ahman Green, Brandon Jacobs and Leon Washington.

Baltimore- Is Musa Smith the future? Do they demote Lewis, if so when? Do they draft or add a RB? What does the Ravens backfield have to offer next season?

Did I leave one out?
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rookies within RBBC's moving forward

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:00 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:This has been touched on but not as directly. Now that we are half way through the season, can we get a better understanding of the RBBC's? most importantly regarding the young, rookie backs for our keeper leagues moving forward. After 8 weeks, we have seen how the coaches are using these guys so let's forecast for the rest of the season and down the road.

Denver-Mike Bell lost the job, but injuries are going to give him another chance. Will Denver ever feature a RB for an entire season?

Indy-Addai looks like the featured back, Rhodes won't go away this season but is this Addai's job outright next season?

Chicago-Not a rookie but worthy of mentioning in this type of discussion. Benson is riding pine and wants to be the starter. If given the job I don't see why he wouldn't do well.

New England-Maroney looks good but Dillon has the trust of the coach. Does Dillon in 2007 become Faulk in 2005?

Houston-Lundy seems to have the edge here but DomDavis is a factor for next year. Or is he?

Carolina-DeAngelo looks decent but Foster has been alright as well. I can't see them just demoting Foster, so it seems this is a RBBC next year as well.

New Orleans-McAllister still has some solid years ahead of him. At what point do they work Bush into the backfield more or do they keep him in the role he is in? Could keep the value of each of them lower for the next 2 seasons.

Green Bay, New York, and New York- These teams have players that are capable of handling the load but for injury and retirement reasons these teams have reason to add a RB in the future, muddying the status of Ahman Green, Brandon Jacobs and Leon Washington.

Baltimore- Is Musa Smith the future? Do they demote Lewis, if so when? Do they draft or add a RB? What does the Ravens backfield have to offer next season?

Did I leave one out?

Lendale White seems to be a shoe in for next year for TEN. I don't see Travis Henry keeping the job as long as White shows a little something over the rest of the season. The Titans are turning the page... first with Vince Young and next with Lendale White.

Henry is not exactly an aging veteran though.. he's only 28... so this one's not a lock.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rookies within RBBC's moving forward

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:00 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:Denver-Mike Bell lost the job, but injuries are going to give him another chance. Will Denver ever feature a RB for an entire season?

We can't know who will start for the Broncos two weeks from now... So I don't know how to forsee up to next year! :-o

JakeTrain72 wrote:Indy-Addai looks like the featured back, Rhodes won't go away this season but is this Addai's job outright next season?

I'm pretty sure it will be. Addai has earned the confidence of the coaches and it has showed on his playing time/touches per game.

JakeTrain72 wrote:Chicago-Not a rookie but worthy of mentioning in this type of discussion. Benson is riding pine and wants to be the starter. If given the job I don't see why he wouldn't do well.

This is Jones' last contract year in Chicago and I don't see the Bears re-singing him with Benson on the Books. Jones will be somewhere else next year.

JakeTrain72 wrote:New England-Maroney looks good but Dillon has the trust of the coach. Does Dillon in 2007 become Faulk in 2005?

This one is foggy... There is a chance the Pats will keep both of them as long as Dillon can produce.

JakeTrain72 wrote:Houston-Lundy seems to have the edge here but DomDavis is a factor for next year. Or is he?

Lundy, Davis, Gado = a RBBC for years to come... even if one of them (probably Davis) is let go.

JakeTrain72 wrote:Carolina-DeAngelo looks decent but Foster has been alright as well. I can't see them just demoting Foster, so it seems this is a RBBC next year as well.

Both of them are injury-prone, so it would be quite a risk for the Panthers to let one go. They are both each other's insurance policy.

JakeTrain72 wrote:New Orleans-McAllister still has some solid years ahead of him. At what point do they work Bush into the backfield more or do they keep him in the role he is in? Could keep the value of each of them lower for the next 2 seasons.

The Saints seem to like their RB combo and who can blame them? But I wouldn't be shocked if Deuce became a salary cap casualty during the off-season... But chances are they will stay put.

JakeTrain72 wrote:Baltimore- Is Musa Smith the future? Do they demote Lewis, if so when? Do they draft or add a RB? What does the Ravens backfield have to offer next season?

Just as a guess, I very well see Thomas Jones singing in Baltimore next summer...
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Ditka in '04 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:24 pm

How about Maurice Jones-Drew taking over as a full time starter in Jacksonville next year. Yea or Nay
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple Allegiance » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:32 pm

I'd say no on Jones-Drew. He will be a large part of the offense, but they like Greg Jones as well, both will get carries.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 pm

imo, here are some changes we will see at RB next season.

1. Benson will be the starter in Chicago, Jones will sign somewhere else.

2. White will start in Tennessee. Henry is due a roster bonus if he stays, and will likely be let go.

3. Addai should be the outright starter in Indy.

4. With Tikis retirement, jacobs will get the start in NY, but look for them to add another smaller quicker type back to compliment him.

5. Williams and foster will likely split time again next year in carolina

6. Maroney should be the outright starter in NE next year, but Dillon will still be around as a change of pace back, Faulk in 05 is a good way to look at it.

7. I wouldnt be suprised to see baltimore go after a guy like Thomas jones, or maybe even michael turner this offseason.

8. Green Bay should also be on the lookout for a new RB.

9. No, Denver will probably not have a back who starts all year.

10. Wouldnt be overly suprised to see DD playing somewhere other than houston next year.

11. Michael turner will go somewhere, not sure where. He should be a force wherever that is, unless its arizona of course.

12. That being said, keep an eye on arizona this offseason, if they make some moves to improve that O Line, Edge could be a quality #2 RB pickup next year.

imo, here are some teams that should be in the market for a new RB next year, with guys like jones and turner maybe being available...

Baltimore
Green Bay
Phily
NY Giants
Denver
Jets

o, almost forgot, Dunn is getting old, and getting alot of carries this year, so norwood should be a good FF back next year.

is it me, or is this years crop of rookie RBs looking alot better than most years.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk