the most overrated fantasy RB?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

the most overrated fantasy RB??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:02 pm

Pre Season: Buchalter slightly over Trung

Studs: LT2 slightly over Faulk because of injuries
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby drewski_ffc » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:05 pm

There is absolutely no hype behind Onterrio. He hyped himself with shaving SOD (Steal of the Draft) in his head. Which I've been fighting the urge to do since. But I'd say the most over hyped back has to be Marshall Faulk.

Like Janet Jackson said. "What have you done for me lately?"
"....and the sun is always rising in the sky somewhere...."

QB - Leftwich
RB - Edge, Freddy Taylor, Rudi, Pittman, Kevin & Julius Jones
WR - Marvin, Chad Johnson, Drew Bennett
TE - McMichael, Heap
K - Elam
D - Philly
drewski_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cliff Harris » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:07 pm

#1 Marshall Faulk. The past two years he throws in an occassional great game to tease fantasy owners, but then succumbs either to injury or the "mastermind" that is known as Mike Martz.

Beside a couple monster years at the beginning as a Ram, he really wasn't all that as a Colt either.

#2 Ricky Williams. One great year out of what, four going on five?

I don't think Eddie George is overrated. He put in a lot of solid seasons without missing a beat, and now at a point we all knew he was going to slow down people are calling him overrated?
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:30 pm

Cliff Harris wrote:
#2 Ricky Williams. One great year out of what, four going on five?

That doesn't make any sense...2 reasons:

1. He had good years with the Saints, one year he got hurt and the other he put up solid numbers.

2. Since he's been with the dolphins he's been terrific for fantasy. Saying he's had one good year out of xxxx years only works if that good year was like 4 years ago. That's like saying priest is overrated because he didn't produce when he was on the Ravens.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:39 pm

I think Ricky Williams is good, but I don't think he should be thought of as a stud RB that is better than Portis, LT, etc. If he didn't get the ball as much as he did, he would put up pitiful stats. And sometimes he has games that are just horrible anyway.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby big shot » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:45 pm

ricky williams is overated as a rb in football in terms of fantasy football, hes a top selection. most overated fantasy back is curtis martin , what a scrub
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:49 pm

VHawk15 wrote:I think Ricky Williams is good, but I don't think he should be thought of as a stud RB that is better than Portis, LT, etc. If he didn't get the ball as much as he did, he would put up pitiful stats. And sometimes he has games that are just horrible anyway.

Well, he may or may not be a better individual player than LT or Portis, but this post said "fantasy RB." Ricky is a much safer RB than the other two that's still going to put up numbers close to, if not better than theirs. Portis gets hurt just about every game, and LT is on a team that can't stay in games and has to pass everytime. Ricky has neither of these downsides.

He has also had plenty of great games in which he didn't get 25+ carries. Not to mention that # of carries is irrelevant here, as the post was asking for the most overrated FANTASY RB. If anything, more carries is better for fantasy.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:03 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:I think Ricky Williams is good, but I don't think he should be thought of as a stud RB that is better than Portis, LT, etc. If he didn't get the ball as much as he did, he would put up pitiful stats. And sometimes he has games that are just horrible anyway.

Well, he may or may not be a better individual player than LT or Portis, but this post said "fantasy RB." Ricky is a much safer RB than the other two that's still going to put up numbers close to, if not better than theirs. Portis gets hurt just about every game, and LT is on a team that can't stay in games and has to pass everytime. Ricky has neither of these downsides.

He has also had plenty of great games in which he didn't get 25+ carries. Not to mention that # of carries is irrelevant here, as the post was asking for the most overrated FANTASY RB. If anything, more carries is better for fantasy.

I'm not faulting him for getting more carries, I'm faulting him for not doing much with those carries. And I think even with their downsides, LT and Portis are much better fantasy backs. You also didn't mention Ricky's downsides.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:10 pm

Jamal Lewis hands down.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby culboarder » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:16 pm

awwchrist wrote:Jamal Lewis hands down.

lay off the crack pipe man
culboarder
Special Teams Staff