the most overrated fantasy RB?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

the most overrated fantasy RB??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tguiles » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:49 pm

Easily Faulk.

I drafted Gordon knowing that Faulk would be out several weeks. I still think his 4-6 is going to turn into 8.

Oh. And they don't give him the ball anymore, anyhow.
[size=8][b]
Record: 4-1
QB Carter, Brooks
RB McAllister, Betts, Canidate, Gordon (2)
WR Moss, Driver, Gardner, Sharpe, Gonzalez, Bradford (3)
K Janikowski
D Baltimore, San Francisco

24 teams, 2 Conf., $6000 in the kitty + 2.50/w-t[/b][/size]
tguiles
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cliff Harris » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:53 pm

big shot wrote:most overated fantasy back is curtis martin , what a scrub

Once again, like Eddie George, did you really think Curtis Martin had ANOTHER big year in him. Most serious FF owners could have told you before the season began that Martin was on the decline after many, many years of fantasy stardom.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby culboarder » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:29 pm

no other back sucks as bad as william green.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrokenLizards » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:44 am

Edge and maybe L.T.
QB-A. Brooks(J. Harrington)
RB-P. Holmes(R. Drougns)
RB-D. McAllister
WR-C. Johnson(J. McCariens)
WR-D. Mason(C. Chambers)
WR-J. Smith(P. Burress)
TE-E. Johnson(J. Stevens)
D-Seattle(Cleveland)
BrokenLizards
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:31 am

VHawk15 wrote:I'm not faulting him for getting more carries, I'm faulting him for not doing much with those carries.

But my point was that the original post was looking for overrated FANTASY rb's.

If 1 RB has 30 carries for 100yds, and another has 20 carries for 90 yards, the second RB has a better yds per carry avg, but the first gets you more fantasy points, which is really all that matters here.

So, when ricky carries 42 times because the dolphins are ahead, and chips off 130 yards out of it, while LT carries 10 times because the Chargers are behind, and averages 5 yards per carry to get 50 yards, wouldn't you rather have the 130, even though it's on a lower yds per carry?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:41 am

Shaun Alexander......every year they rate this guy high .....and he is just plain down average......and Ricky Williams is the real deal.....1800 rushing yards last year with what 16 touchdowns.....almost 5400 for his career already.....
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby wizbang » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:49 am

LT and Ricky Williams are BOTH in the Top 5 average PPG in my league so I just can't see how either can be considered a bust. They were taken 1-2 in most drafts so expectations are high but remember that part of the reason you take a guy that high is that they're a sure bet to be a Top back. Other than Priest you can't EXPECT anyone to be THE Top back. Luck and game situations have too much effect to make anything a certainty. These 2 are very close to meeting their expectations and I see no reason to think that will change.

#1 Edge. Even when healthy he hasn't been puting up huge numbers and Edge went high in many drafts.

#2 William Green. His stock went up due to a strong finish last season but this guy hasn't done anything. Even the yards last week have to be taken with a grain of salt since most came during mop-up.

#3 Shaun Alexander. He's always ranked highly and has a LOT of mediocre to poor weeks. That's been the case with him for the last 2 years.

#4 Marshall Faulk. You had to know the injury was going to happen. Martz has ruined his career.

A-Train, Buckhalter, O. Smith and some other scrubs weren't hyped much at all to begin with.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

Postby dsteele66 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:39 am

Supposed studs:
S. Alexander -- has 2-3 great weeks every year and the rest are mediocre
M. Faulk -- for all the obvious reasons
Edge -- although I consider him only a strong #2 anymore, others still count him as a stud
C. Garner -- surrounded by a bunch of senior citizens -- he was actually taken in the 1st round in our league...

Supposed strong #2 guys:
W. Green -- this was going to be his breakout year?
A. Zeroue -- the steelers don't know how to run anymore and he's not getting the receiving yds either.
M. Pittman -- worrying about the law has got to be slowing him down

Preseason hype:
C. Buckholter -- but nobody on the eagles is very good so far this year
S.O.D -- this years Clinton Portis? I suppose anything is still possible -- Portis didn't get the ball until wk 6 so we'll see what happens the rest of the year.
Trung -- although why the hype was there is anyone's guess -- it is Steve Spurrier and Trung lost the backup job to Gordon

Guys listed in this thread by people smoking the funny stuff:
Big Ricky -- you can't be serious -- he's not my first choice as a real RB, but from a FF perspective he can't be beat.
LT -- he's one of the highest PPG people in our league
J. Lewis -- if anything, underhyped -- he's been the real deal so far. I suppose this person also considers A. Green overrated too?
Eddie George, Curtis Martin -- I'm surprised these people didn't list The Bus as well -- anyone that expected good years is crazy -- a good game here and there, sure. But good years?
A-train -- was on the list last year, can't be considered overrated this year -- did anyone really expect alot this year?
QB: A. Brooks; P. Ramsey
RB: C. Portis; T. Henry; M. Williams; L. Gordon
WR: J. Horn; L. Coles; K. Robinson; C. Rogers
TE: A. Crumpler; D. Clark
K: S. Janikowski; O. Mare
Def: Panthers; Falcons
----
Start: QB, RBx2, WRx2, TE, K, Def
dsteele66
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brdmaverick » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:04 am

Edge gets my vote.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:13 am

I can't beleive no one's mentioned Corey Dillon...

I have to highly disagree on Ricky and Shaun Alexander, I'd love to have either right now.

Faulk deserves to be on the list, but that's mostly due to this latest injury....

On my draft board, William Green at #12 RB is probably my most overrated RB. I had Onterrio at 20, but I'm still not backing off my prediction that he leads this team the 2nd half of the season.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk