Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position). - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Moderator: Football Moderators

Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Postby Favre.com » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:46 pm

Just wanted to start a nice long thread about opinions on the most overrated and underrated (real life/fantasy) players around.

Overrated:

QB:
Real life: Mcnabb
Fantasy: Brady

RB:
Real Life: Westbrook
Fantasy: KJ

WR:
Real Life: Chambers
Fantasy: Javon

TE:
Real Life: Witten
Fantasy: LJ Smith

DEF
Real Life: Seattle
Fantasy: Seattle

Underrated:

QB:
Real Life: Brees
Fantasy: Favre

RB:
Real Life: Tatum Bell
Fantasy: Ronnie Brown

WR:
Real Life: Reggie Brown
Fantasy: Plaxico

TE:
Real Life: Heap
Fantasy: Heap

DEF:
Real Life: Buffalo
Fantasy: Denver
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VDavis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:13 pm

So I take it you dont like the Eagles.

Overated in real life
QB - Favre (not in his carrear just recently)
RB - Alexander
WR - Horn
TE - Witten
DEF - Pittsburgh

But the most overrated player in the league has to be Ray Lewis. There's no way that you can say that he's still the best MLB in football.

Underrated in real life
QB - BulgerQB - Green
WR - Roy Williams
RB - Rudi
TE - Heap
DEF - Oakland

Overrated in fantasy
QB - Brady
WR - Coles
RB - Tiki
TE - Colston
DEF - Carolina

Underated
QB - Kitna
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Wayne
TE - Watson
DEF - Green Bay
Thanks to kaveman for the awesome sig
VDavis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

VDavis wrote:But the most overrated player in the league has to be Ray Lewis. There's no way that you can say that he's still the best MLB in football.

not saying he is still the best MLB in football, but he is still one of the best...and captains one of the best defenses in the league. dont see how he can be the most overrated given how well he is still playing.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

I dunno. Overrated has been used so casually lately I'm not even sure what it means anymore when applied to sports players. Are people saying overrated players aren't good anymore? Or just that they're over-exposed in the media? Because then it would be more of an issue of over-hyped than overrated.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VDavis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:27 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:not saying he is still the best MLB in football, but he is still one of the best...and captains one of the best defenses in the league. dont see how he can be the most overrated given how well he is still playing.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he his the most overrated player since he is still a top LB. It just pisses me off every sunday when I have to hear Michael Irvin babble on about how his boy Ray Ray is gonna single handedly shut out whoever the Ravens are playing.
VDavis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:31 pm

VDavis wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:not saying he is still the best MLB in football, but he is still one of the best...and captains one of the best defenses in the league. dont see how he can be the most overrated given how well he is still playing.

Maybe I shouldn't have said he his the most overrated player since he is still a top LB. It just pisses me off every sunday when I have to hear Michael Irvin babble on about how his boy Ray Ray is gonna single handedly shut out whoever the Ravens are playing.

i agree...thats like what beanoX3 was saying about overhyped. i get tired of that kind of stuff also. vick comes to mind right away with this...people just take it a bit too far sometimes.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Favre.com wrote:Just wanted to start a nice long thread about opinions on the most overrated and underrated (real life/fantasy) players around.

Overrated:

QB:
Fantasy: Brady

RB:
Real Life: Westbrook
Fantasy: KJ

WR:
Real Life: Chambers
Fantasy: Javon

TE:
Real Life: Witten
Fantasy: LJ Smith

DEF
Real Life: Seattle
Fantasy: Seattle

Underrated:

QB:
Real Life: Brees
Fantasy: Favre

RB:
Real Life: Tatum Bell
Fantasy: Ronnie Brown

WR:
Real Life: Reggie Brown
Fantasy: Plaxico

TE:
Real Life: Heap
Fantasy: Heap

DEF:
Real Life: Buffalo
Fantasy: Denver

Ugh, no offense, but I totally disagree with just about everything on this list. How is Chris Chambers overrated? He's a physical freak with good hands and speed. How is Tom Brady overrated? He's currently the fifth rated QB in my league. In no way shape or form is Denver an underrated fantasy defense. They're pretty good in real life, but that's not translating to many fantasy points. And for my final thing, neither KJ nor Westy are overrated to the least bit. If anything, they're underrated. Westy can do it all, as can KJ.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:49 pm

I don't know about Colston. How can you say he is overrated? He's a rookie and doing great.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VDavis » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:55 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:I don't know about Colston. How can you say he is overrated? He's a rookie and doing great.

I was trying to make a joke by saying he's overrated as a TE. Obviously he's not overrated since hes the 3rd scoring reciever as a rookie.
VDavis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Postby EagleFan68 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Favre.com wrote:Just wanted to start a nice long thread about opinions on the most overrated and underrated (real life/fantasy) players around.

Overrated:

QB:
RB
Real Life:Westbrook

You're out of your mind, looks like you're an Eagle HATER, sorry about 4th and 26 buddy

He is the BEST QB in the NFC and the 3rd best in the entire league

And he has been doing it since he's been in Philly
a) without a running game
b) without even an average WR corp. He had T.O. for one season, that's all he had.

Could you imagine if Andy Reid actually got a clue and stopped being stubborn and drafted or signed an actual RB to run the ball with consistancy, or decided to sign a stud WR that wasn't a mental case ?

As for Westbrook he is the closest thing to Marshall Faulk in the NFl well, since Marshall Faulk. He is THE MOST DANGEROUS RB in the league outside of LT2. I'm not saying he's the best, just one of the most dangerous and hardest to defend.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk