Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position). - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skinsfan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:22 am

EagleFan68 wrote:YOU JUST GOT

Ouch. Don't you just hate it when you get Image Hosted by Tripod?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby EagleFan68 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:41 am

skinsfan wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:YOU JUST GOT

Ouch. Don't you just hate it when you get Image Hosted by Tripod?

It's still showing for me.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby krazyjoe8 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:43 am

Overrated:

QB:
Real life: Tony Romo
Fantasy: Breese

RB:
Real Life: Fred Taylor
Fantasy: Duece M.

WR:
Real Life: Boldin
Fantasy: Mushi

TE:
Real Life: LJ Smith
Fantasy: Shockey

DEF
Real Life: Jacksonville
Fantasy: Tampa Bay

Underrated:

QB:
Real Life: Vick
Fantasy: Eli

RB:
Real Life: Chester Taylor
Fantasy: Dunn

WR:
Real Life: D Jackson
Fantasy: Plaxico

TE:
Real Life: Colston
Fantasy: Heap

DEF:
Real Life: New England
Fantasy: Dallas

HOLLA IF YA NEED A SIG.
Go Eagles. Go Sixers. Go Phillies.
krazyjoe8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:58 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Just because Michael Vick doesn't put up 250 passing yards a game and doesnt' throw 3 TDs a game doesnt make him a bad QB. He is actually unbelievable, makes offense by himself, and if the Falcons didn't have him, they wouldn't be remotely as good as they are now. We've all seen how the Eagles do without McNabb (remember AJ Feely and Koy Detmer a few years ago, I think they were like 6-1 or something). McNabb put up nice fantasy numbers. Great. That doesn't equate to real life, I'm sorry. He folded in the Super Bowl. He has a very good offensive line that gives him tons of protection, and he doesn't exactly thow a Peyton Manning like spiral or have the cannon of Carson Palmer.

Michael Vick is not the most accurate QB in the league. That's a given (although he has looked better as of late). However, his sheer ability to outrun everyone on the field makes him the most dangerous player in football. And I know you love dangerous players. Although he is not going to make my WRs into pro bowlers, I'd rather have him on my team than any QB in football, with the exceptions of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

I guess you overlooked it when I posted this:

As a Passing QB. I believe Vick is one of the worst in the leaguedespite the last 2 weeks. He will revert back to the old Vick, probably this week when they lose to the Lions ;-D

But seriously, Vick is a terrible "QB", but his other assets give his team a chance to win every week.

As an Eagles fan I wish Andy Reid didn't brainwash McNabb to make him stop running. It took away a key part of his game, when he was running more often, teams would "spy" him, thus opening up the field and his receivers.

So just because you say Vick is a terrible QB he is? You are clueless. He is not a traditional QB, and no, he is not the best QB in the league at dropping back and staying in the pocket and throwing. But he doesn't need to be. He creates fits for defenses by himself, he is always the fastest guy on the field, and at any time he can step up and simply run right past the defensive line and the LBs and pick up 30 yards on the ground. He is the only QB in football who can say this. He is the most dangerous player in football. You are just so blinded by your homerism it is unbelievable. I don't need to see passing statistics saying McNabb throws for more yards or what not, because that is not the point.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:22 pm

to be fair, yardage kind of is the point. Most "statue" qbs account for around 300 yards a game. At least the good ones do. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But, its honestly a stretch to say that vick does that (until recently), its been more of the 240-250 range. So whether he does by foot or by air, yea he gives them fits. But, the opportunity cost is about 50 yards of field position per game.

SO

If that is the case, Vick had better always make the timely play rather than the volume of plays, otherwise they could get screwed.

He is pretty impressive, but until this passing onslaught, his total yards accounted for was lower than his elite peers, and his style put him at risk.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EagleFan68 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:57 pm

eaglesrule wrote:to be fair, yardage kind of is the point. Most "statue" qbs account for around 300 yards a game. At least the good ones do. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But, its honestly a stretch to say that vick does that (until recently), its been more of the 240-250 range. So whether he does by foot or by air, yea he gives them fits. But, the opportunity cost is about 50 yards of field position per game.

SO

If that is the case, Vick had better always make the timely play rather than the volume of plays, otherwise they could get screwed.

He is pretty impressive, but until this passing onslaught, his total yards accounted for was lower than his elite peers, and his style put him at risk.

Good post.

I find it hysterical that Vick finally puts together 2 good games in a row after 6 years in the NFl and he is suddenly on the level of a P Manning, Brady or McNabb who have been proven winners for about 5-7 years consistantly.

Come back and talk to me when Vick puts together 5 good statistical and winning seasons, oh yeah and wins a few playoff games.

What's he have 1 playoff win? Maybe 2 if I forgot about one .
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:48 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:to be fair, yardage kind of is the point. Most "statue" qbs account for around 300 yards a game. At least the good ones do. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But, its honestly a stretch to say that vick does that (until recently), its been more of the 240-250 range. So whether he does by foot or by air, yea he gives them fits. But, the opportunity cost is about 50 yards of field position per game.

SO

Good post.

I find it hysterical that Vick finally puts together 2 good games in a row after 6 years in the NFl and he is suddenly on the level of a P Manning, Brady or McNabb who have been proven winners for about 5-7 years consistantly.

Come back and talk to me when Vick puts together 5 good statistical and winning seasons, oh yeah and wins a few playoff games.

What's he have 1 playoff win? Maybe 2 if I forgot about one .

Sorry I was unaware that Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb are the epitome of winners. I was under the impression that Manning chokes every year in the playoffs, and McNabb got nervous and choked in the SB a few years back.

Keep in mind that Michael Vick has never been the starting QB in ATL for a full season and had a losing record.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EagleFan68 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:37 pm

Sorry I was unaware that Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb are the epitome of winners. I was under the impression that Manning chokes every year in the playoffs, and McNabb got nervous and choked in the SB a few years back.

Well, Manning and McNabb have had more chances to have a bad playoff game, well, because they GOT THEIR TEAM THERE MORE OFTEN THAN VICK.

Keep in mind that Michael Vick has never been the starting QB in ATL for a full season and had a losing record.

Keep in mind, neither has McNabb or Brady had a losing record when starting a full season, and they have many more wins. ;-D
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:12 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:

Well, Manning and McNabb have had more chances to have a bad playoff game, well, because they GOT THEIR TEAM THERE MORE OFTEN THAN VICK.

Keep in mind, neither has McNabb or Brady had a losing record when starting a full season, and they have many more wins. ;-D

First of all, don't bring up Brady, we all know that Peyton and Brady are in a class of their own.

Second of all, what you have to do is look at the difference that the specific QB makes to his team. In 2003, Michael Vick had that devastating injury in the preseason (broke his leg?). Anyways, his team went 5-11. The following year, with Vick healthy, the Falcons went 11-5, and got to the NFC Championship game. A pretty solid turnaround, wouldn't you say?

In 2002 I believe, McNabb got hurt and was out for the last 6 games of the year. How'd the Eagles do? They went 5-1. Not bad.

Remember this please: Although QB is arguably the most important position on the field, he can not get his team to the Super Bowl by himself. Dan Marino never won a superbowl. Trent Dilfer did. Just because Michael Vick doesn't have the specific stats that a traditionally great QB does, but his mere presence on the field alters defenses so drastically that I daresay makes him one of the top 5 most valuable players to his team in all of football.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EagleFan68 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:52 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote: his mere presence on the field alters defenses so drastically that I daresay makes him one of the top 5 most valuable players to his team in all of football.

I think he is valuable, but to tell you the truth, I think the Falcons would be much better if Shaub was QB and they used Vick sparingly like Slash or Randle El
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk