Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position). - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Overrated and Underrated NFL Players (by position).

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:05 am

Vick, Lions HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

told you

Will the real Vick please stand up? Is he a sharp passer or isn't he? Consider this: Vick's last two games saw him complete 60 and 70 percent of his passes. In Week 9, he hit 53 percent, and in all but two of his first five games did Vick top 55 percent.

That's just this year.
He is a bad QB, but a tremendous athlete, and a dangerous weapon to have on your side.

He is a RB that throws the ball.

;-D
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:22 am

EagleFan68 wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote: his mere presence on the field alters defenses so drastically that I daresay makes him one of the top 5 most valuable players to his team in all of football.

I think he is valuable, but to tell you the truth, I think the Falcons would be much better if Shaub was QB and they used Vick sparingly like Slash or Randle El

I agree. I think that someone in atlanta should get creative and develop a 2 QB set where they have schaub and vick both offset a bit, and you dont know who the snap will go to. Not sure how well this would work, but I think schaub is a better passer, and vick is the better overall athlete, and it could really confuse defenses

And just to interject my opinion, if I was building a football team, I would choose McNabb over vick as my QB any day.

One thing with Vick that i think people need to realize is that while he is a tremendous athlete and brings alot to the table, if the falcons get into a situation where they are down and need to pass alot, Vick is NOT the guy you want back there. He may have the ability to break one and change the game, but he also is more of a risk to lose the game with an int or fumble or something.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:39 am

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:I agree. I think that someone in atlanta should get creative and develop a 2 QB set where they have schaub and vick both offset a bit, and you dont know who the snap will go to. Not sure how well this would work, but I think schaub is a better passer, and vick is the better overall athlete, and it could really confuse defenses

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons have something like this to pull out for some trick play in the redzone, but I wouldn't bank on them pulling this stunt regularly. It would give defenses fits, but what QB is going to want to block half the time? Because one of them will have to when the snap goes to the other QB. This is probably the same reason why teams don't put both RBs on the field on the same play regularly since one of would have to block, unless 1 moves off to be a WR.

Eh, but Vick wasn't a complete score killer yesterday. I started him and he got me 2 more points than Palmer would have. Good enough for me, and I plan on starting him again next week when Vick faces Cleveland and Palmer faces SD.
And to jump into the Vick/McNabb debate, I wouldn't take Vick over McNabb in fantasy football. In real football however, it would depend on the makeup of the rest of the offense I guess. :-?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk