I just got so screwed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I just got so screwed

Moderator: Football Moderators

I just got so screwed

Postby TaDa » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:31 am

I was tied with my opponent at 134 points for the week (My LT offset his LJ performance). I log on this morning, and now I'm 4-4 because ESPN adjusted something and it looks like I'm down 134-135.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:50 am

Wow that is a REALLY late change for last week. :-?

That sucks.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:01 am

That is weird...definitely go through both teams and double check the points yourself.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)

Postby mrblitz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Very late change. I'd be nervous about that.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TaDa » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:41 pm

mrblitz wrote:Very late change. I'd be nervous about that.

Like I said, completely screwed. And I would be nervous about it if I weren't the commish of the league. But I know I didn't change anything. I emailed ESPN and they just send back the form response of "Even though the site says scores aren't final until Tuesday, we actually allow re-calculation until the Saturday before the following week. Apologies for any confusion, blah blah blah"

This has a real shot of costing me as the ranking for my division are:
1st - 6-2
2nd & 3rd - tied at 5-2-1
4th - me at 4-4
5th - 3-5

As you can tell, it's pretty close and only the top 2 teams make the playoffs from each division.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:09 pm

That sucks.

I hate adjustments. Fanball does that to. But everything is final tuesday morning.

Sunday night I always look and if the score is close I manually calculate the defenses which are usually the ones that are off.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby dgan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:48 pm

Interesting. We use ESPN as well but our league rulebook obviously overrules any conflict between the two. Our rule is that, while the points can be updated at any time, wins/losses are not affected by point changes after midnight on Tuesday.

I still check my opponents score manually every Tuesday (if it is close) to make sure ESPN didn't make any errors. I just don't trust them to make the change in time.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby TaDa » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:30 am

Thanks to all the advice for where to look, so I finally looked at the official NFL score sheet, and ESPN credited the KC Chiefs defense with 2 interceptions and 2 sacks. According to the NFL score sheet, the Chiefs only had 1 sack. Now I've emailed ESPN to have them correct it, but assuming that they do not, and since I as commish cannot reduce the amount of points a slot has been given, would it be fair to add a point to my team so that we're tied 135 to 135?
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Karoz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:48 pm

TaDa wrote:Thanks to all the advice for where to look, so I finally looked at the official NFL score sheet, and ESPN credited the KC Chiefs defense with 2 interceptions and 2 sacks. According to the NFL score sheet, the Chiefs only had 1 sack. Now I've emailed ESPN to have them correct it, but assuming that they do not, and since I as commish cannot reduce the amount of points a slot has been given, would it be fair to add a point to my team so that we're tied 135 to 135?

It would be fair, as adding one point to yours is virtually the same as taking one point away. However, your opponent will more than likely complain, and will accuse you of abusing your powers. You will have to show him the error that ESPN made, and inform all of the other members of your league.

It would really help if you would set a league rule about what to do in this situation. For example, the rule could state "If ESPN makes an error in their stat calculations, the commissioner has the authority to correct the issue by editing the points himself."
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting