bigshots weekley column - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

bigshots weekley column

Moderator: Football Moderators

bigshots weekley column

Postby big shot » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:23 pm

Ok fantasy players, after an off pace week of all kinds of crazy stuff on this board, im starting my weekly column and probably wont say much else. I give you a few points

point 1. you guys need to pick up mickel ricks Asap. this guy came out with big game this week and will continue to improve. With rodgers out for a month, riks will see alot more touches. you should start riks unless you got gonzo, heap, shockey, crumpler (not being injured)

point 2. pick up micheal pittman. hes been playing great and with alstot out , it will only help him. He will get more carries and who ever the back up full back is , hes bound to be a better blocker than the overated alsot.

3. if keenen mcardel is on the free agent list in your league, your in an idiot league and you should walk away with it

4. marcel ship is a good pickup. you should definitely pick him up if your in need of help. he is good, but not great, why do you think emmit is starting over him.

5. dont listen ot these people that say this is the time to get rid of tomlinson or jamal lewis. You wont get anyone great for them and you dont want to lose them for a above average player. take the chance keep them. hope jamal keeps putting up big numbers and tomlinson improves.

6. Do not give up on favre or gannon. these guys are not done for as many are saying. Favre will improve with donald driver back in the lineup and gannon will improve with porter back in the line up. these guys are too good to be written off. Look for a strong finish from both.

7. Im tired of hearing about bobby shaw. Im also tired of hearing about byron leftwich. theres got to be better players on the waiver wire.

8. If you need qb help, pick up pennington, but dont expect anything special. He doesnt have coles to throw to anymore and he is coming off an injury.

9. For you gusy saying mcnair is a better fantasy football choice than peyton manning need to do some serious thinking. If i had mcnair i would be trading him right now for a top running back.

10. Can someone tell me what nastalga means? I have heard that word 100 times on here this week.

Good luck to everyone this week . later
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby big shot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:14 am

woah!!! no arguements. i take it you guys actually agree with me for once.
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Petey » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:31 am

I agree with most of your comments, but as for your spelling :-t
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby big shot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:36 am

yea i noticed that, i didnt feel like spending all day on it, got to think fast
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:46 am

Well, since you're dying for a response, and I do owe you for calling you a Troll.......sorry about that. :-]

1. Yeah, with Rogers down the Lions don't have much else. He'll put up good stats for a TE. I would add Sharpe to your list of not starting him in front of though.....Plummer is really using him as a safety valve.

2. I'd be suprised if Pittman is left in FA on any league. He should have gotten picked up after the announced the end of RBBC. Alstot going down only improves his value.

3. Keenen is probably now the #1 WR in TB. But with Johnson at QB.....I don't expect him to get much more than 70 yds a game.

4. Shipp is a good pickup if you need alot of help at RB in a deep league. Arizona is going to need to stick with the passing game for the most part, so don't expect him to put up any huge numbers.

5. Agreed, but don't turn down a really good trade offer either.

6. Farve is solid, not a star anymore but solid. Gannon is a risk. I'm not so sure Porter is going to jump in and make that much of an impact, the Raiders have too much going wrong. But, if you are deep at QB and want to pick up a guy with good upside Gannon might be your man.

7. I agree. Leftwich might be good in a keeper league though.....

8. I'm not expecting much from Pennington this year, Conway is not going to help him out that much. Look at him for next year.

9. I don't know why everbody is so down on Manning in this forum, he is a very good fantasy QB. McNair is good too, and having a great year. But I would trade any QB for a top 5 RB, especially this year.

10. Don't know, do you mean nostalgia?
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:52 am

nostalgia - a sentimental longing for return to or some fond memory of a past period

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:30 am

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many of the same opinions. It seems like I'm always disagreeing with you.

1. STRONGLY AGREE. While I might add McMichael to that list of TE's to not start Ricks over, Ricks is clearly going to see a lot of balls for the next 6 weeks or so. He's a former WR, so the skills are there.

2 & 3. Can't disagree, but even since Gruden's been there, I'm always terrified of owning Tampa guys. I don't have any of them this year, and McCardell nor Pittman are available in any of my leagues, so I guess I'm not in a league full of idiots. :)

4. Ehhh.....good pickup if you badly need help. He's going to see touches and RB's are hard to come by these days, but you really can't expect a whole lot out of the guy. And he damn sure ain't doing nothing against Baltimore this week.

5. Agree. Lewis' 2 rebuilt knees scare me big time, but if you weren't scared of that at the time of drafting him, no reason to dump him now.

6. Agree with Favre. As for Gannon, he's bound to improve because he's been *so* bad. But I don't expect any big numbers outside of an occasional big game the rest of the way. This offense is ugly and it's not like Jerry Porter is Marvin Harrison, I'll beleive a turnaround when I see it.

7. I think we've argued over Shaw in the past, I think he's a solid fill in player. As for Leftwich, I'll never touch a rookie QB, but I have to say he looked pretty nice Sunday. Miami is going to eat him alive this week though.,

8. Agree.

9. Agree 100%.

10. I'm not touching that!! :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk