Is Peyton going to kill me in the playoffs?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Peyton going to kill me in the playoffs??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PureMuscle » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 pm

Expecially bad on my account cuz my backup is Grossman who will be coasting in just the same.
PureMuscle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:56 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Everyone should know this about Manning going in... He'll be a stud all year, and kill you in the Championship game... Now is not the time to trade Manning, but now IS the time to pick up Brad Johnson as a back-up...

Johnson faces the league's worst passing defense (Green Bay) in week 16, and the game should be a shoot-out, as both teams compete for the last wild card spot in the NFC... Mark my words...

The Wise One Speaketh. Heed his call.

:-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:15 pm

mrblitz wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Just make sure you have a good backup who will more than likely be fighing to get into the playoffs. ;-D

Exactly my sediment.

sediment  /n. Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n. sed-uh-muhnt; v. sed-uh-ment] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the matter that settles to the bottom of a liquid; lees; dregs.
2. Geology. mineral or organic matter deposited by water, air, or ice.
–verb (used with object) 3. to deposit as sediment.
–verb (used without object) 4. to form or deposit sediment.

sentiment / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sen-tuh-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
2. a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
3. refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
4. exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
5. a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
6. the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.

But yeah, a good backup QB is a nice luxury to have. That's why I traded to get Hass a few weeks back, and never let go of Trent Green through this whole injury thing. Between those two, they have nice matchups in the playoffs.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bulger2holt » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:12 pm

The only negative thing about picking up johnson against the packers is that the game is in GB, and that wont be an easy day for qb's.
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santacruzer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:14 am

I've had Manning in two playoff runs over the last few years. In 2003? He blew it against the Broncos (along with my opponent having Portis go for 5TDs) I lost.

I had him last year, and he basically sat week 16. I ended up having to start Josh McCown.

With Manning being as close to a sure thing as it gets, I don't draft or carry a backup other than his bye week. But I think you should start to think about a "playoff" replacement now.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jlfn56 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:25 pm

let's bump this up
jlfn56
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:36 pm

I would definitely grab a decent backup QB if you don't already have one just in case.

But I would not trade away Manning. He's dependable. If he didn't convince you of this in the NE game, you aren't paying attention.

It would be a shame if they did bench Manning before the playoffs, but I think you should just prepare now and react at the time if it does happen.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner