Borat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Borat

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:04 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:that is without a doubt the funniest movie i have ever seen. ;-D

ANIMAL HOUSE IS FUNNIER

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:22 pm

Tiki wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but I've been an Ali G fan since '04 so I am most def. gunna check it out this weekend. Hopefully the movie will top the show, but that's gunna be hard! :-b ;-D

I've been trying to stop my Grammar Cop ways, but this has provoked me.

It's GONNA, not 'gunna.'

It's MOS DEF, not 'most def.'

Is it too much to ask that we use proper slang, people? The nerve!! :-#
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
Tiki wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but I've been an Ali G fan since '04 so I am most def. gunna check it out this weekend. Hopefully the movie will top the show, but that's gunna be hard! :-b ;-D

I've been trying to stop my Grammar Cop ways, but this has provoked me.

It's GONNA, not 'gunna.'

It's MOS DEF, not 'most def.'

Is it too much to ask that we use proper slang, people? The nerve!! :-#

gunna gonna....Tomato tomahto

Mos Def is a rapper sorry...I say most def. Knapp, I know my slang...You can't put grammar into slang, that's the frickin' point!

Respec! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NEPatsFan2006 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 am

saw it last night and laughed my butt off. I highly recommend going to see it. The whole theater way dying laughing for the entire movie.

I LUV US AND A!!!!! SUCCESS!!
NEPatsFan2006
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tiki » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:06 pm

I saw it on friday way above this earth! Funny as hell! I loved the people who walked out in like the first 45 mins. and the people who walked out during the Azamat Borat fight, and than the people who watched the whole fight, than left like 15 mins. after it. That was by far the grossest part of the movie!

Great movie! :-b ;-D

"Gimme your tears Gypsie Women or I will have to take them from you"
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:12 am

I caught Borat this weekend and while funny, I didn't think it was ALL that funny. Was thinking that this would have been more of an "intellectual" mockumentary thing, but it was more low-brow physical humor than anything. Still pretty good though, considering the level of crap coming out of Hollywood lately. And the wrestling scene was a bit too long IMO. Too much hair too, but I guess that was the point of the humor, lol.

Anyways, have you guys seen the news that a couple of the frat guys from the RV are suing the studio for supposedly tricking them into saying rascist and anti-feminist stuff? They want money to compensate for the "damage to their reputation and standing in the community" and they also want the movie to be pulled from theaters. Pretty lame, trying to cash in like this.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 am

beanoX3 wrote:I caught Borat this weekend and while funny, I didn't think it was ALL that funny. Was thinking that this would have been more of an "intellectual" mockumentary thing, but it was more low-brow physical humor than anything. Still pretty good though, considering the level of crap coming out of Hollywood lately. And the wrestling scene was a bit too long IMO. Too much hair too, but I guess that was the point of the humor, lol.

Anyways, have you guys seen the news that a couple of the frat guys from the RV are suing the studio for supposedly tricking them into saying rascist and anti-feminist stuff? They want money to compensate for the "damage to their reputation and standing in the community" and they also want the movie to be pulled from theaters. Pretty lame, trying to cash in like this.

They're not trying to cash in, they were humiliated. Supposedly, the film crew took them to a bar, got them sloshed and put them in the mobile home. They were also told that the video wouldn't be shown in the United States.

I don't know if they have a case or not, but more and more people that were in the movie are coming forward. The frat boys didn't bother me too much because they were drunk idiots, but the little town that was supposed to be "Borat's" home town is also suing. After reading their complaints, I kind of felt bad for lauging at them.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Just a word to those who haven't seen it, they will thank me for this later. When Borat shows the picture of his son... just close your eyes if you are a straight male. Trust me.

Aside from that... enjoy! It's worth the $50 price of admission at the movie theatres nowadays.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:Just a word to those who haven't seen it, they will thank me for this later. When Borat shows the picture of his son... just close your eyes if you are homophobic. Trust me.

There, fixed it for ya! ;-7
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:51 pm

josebach wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Just a word to those who haven't seen it, they will thank me for this later. When Borat shows the picture of his son... just close your eyes if you are homophobic. Trust me.

There, fixed it for ya! ;-7

Sooo.... any man who doesn't like to see two males in a "loving act" is homophobic? That's a pretty broad brush to paint the world with.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk