Borat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Borat

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Just a word to those who haven't seen it, they will thank me for this later. When Borat shows the picture of his son... just close your eyes if you are homophobic. Trust me.

There, fixed it for ya! ;-7

Sooo.... any man who doesn't like to see two males in a "loving act" is homophobic? That's a pretty broad brush to paint the world with.

Did you see the picture? It's not a loving act or homosexual in any way. It's just shows male nudity of Borat's "son". It's a funny because it shows Borat giving two thumbs up right next to his son's groin area because he's proud his son's schlong is so big. My point is if you want to miss out on a really funny picture just because there's male nudity in it, then you're probably "homophobic". Besides, I was only half serious anyway. Did you see the "tongue in cheek" emoticon? Don't be so sensitive.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:09 pm

josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:Just a word to those who haven't seen it, they will thank me for this later. When Borat shows the picture of his son... just close your eyes if you are homophobic. Trust me.

Sooo.... any man who doesn't like to see two males in a "loving act" is homophobic? That's a pretty broad brush to paint the world with.

Did you see the picture? It's not a loving act or homosexual in any way. It's just shows male nudity of Borat's "son". It's a funny because it shows Borat giving two thumbs up right next to his son's groin area because he's proud his son's schlong is so big. My point is if you want to miss out on a really funny picture just because there's male nudity in it, then you're probably "homophobic". Besides, I was only half serious anyway. Did you see the "tongue in cheek" emoticon? Don't be so sensitive.

I'm not the one "fixing" peoples' posts for them. Who's sensitive? :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:14 pm

I didn't see and probably won't either. The simple fact the caracter is based on ridiculizing an other culture is shameful... :-P
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:21 pm

knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:
knapplc wrote:
josebach wrote:

I'm not the one "fixing" peoples' posts for them. Who's sensitive? :-?

Geez, Louise. :-°
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:46 pm

I don't know if you guys are homophobic or if I'm homophobic or not but as a general rule, I try to stay away from seeing a penis when it's not my own.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:19 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:I don't know if you guys are homophobic or if I'm homophobic or not but as a general rule, I try to stay away from seeing a penis when it's not my own.

I don't like seeing another guy's junk either, but I'm certainly not going to close my eyes during a movie like a child.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 pm

I can't believe I sat through this whole movie. Easily one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. :-/ I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't even be paid to watch that movie again. :-/

Oddly enough, I thought it was going to at least be somewhat funny based on the previews and deleted scenes they had on Youtube. Boy was I wrong. :-/

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:01 pm

Madison wrote:I can't believe I sat through this whole movie. Easily one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. :-/ I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't even be paid to watch that movie again. :-/

Oddly enough, I thought it was going to at least be somewhat funny based on the previews and deleted scenes they had on Youtube. Boy was I wrong. :-/

I haven't seen it nor do I plan to until I can get it for a dollar at the rental box.

Ali G annoys me as does most of what borat does that i have seen.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:23 pm

Madison wrote:I can't believe I sat through this whole movie. Easily one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. :-/ I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't even be paid to watch that movie again. :-/

How you could have liked the deleted scenes and previews yet think it was one of the worst movies you ever saw in your life? The movie was just like the previews and YouTube clips only dirtier. :-?

Maybe it was hyped too much and your expectations were too high? I certainly didn't think it was as funny as everybody is saying either, but it was still pretty funny. At least you saw it before you judged it or other people's opinion of it (unlike some other people).
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:28 pm

josebach wrote:

How you could have liked the deleted scenes and previews yet think it was one of the worst movies you ever saw in your life? The movie was just like the previews and YouTube clips only dirtier. :-?

Maybe it was hyped too much and your expectations were too high? I certainly didn't think it was as funny as everybody is saying either, but it was still pretty funny. At least you saw it before you judged it or other people's opinion of it (unlike some other people).

Example, I liked the "her......not so much" when he was eating dinner with that big family.

I liked the deleted scene with the dog. Training it, how to cook it, etc.

I watched it with no expectations at all, other than I did think I'd laugh a few times, wouldn't be bored out of my mind, and wouldn't consider not watching the whole thing. Oh-for-three, as I didn't laugh, was very bored with it, and almost didn't finish watching it when they had that stupid nude fight scene. Unfortunately, other than when he went to buy a car (I did chuckle during that scene - didn't laugh - chuckled), I didn't find anything funny in the movie. Toss in the gross naked fight, and seeing Borat's face a few inches from his "son's" manhood and you've got a steamy pile of garbage. :-t

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk