Pissed off about this being Vetoed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pissed off about this being Vetoed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pissed off about this being Vetoed

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:41 pm

In my league I had just made a trade with the guy with SA. I would get Alexander and he'd get Tatum and M. Barber. I wouldn't say it was completely unfair. This guy didn't have any RBs whatsoever. But, my league vetoed it. I hate league votes!
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:43 pm

That's a pretty lopsided trade. But I don't know if it should be vetoed or not, that's up for debate.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:45 pm

sportsaddict wrote:That's a pretty lopsided trade. But I don't know if it should be vetoed or not, that's up for debate.

Ya, I guess pretty lopsided but I personally don't think vetoable. It really depends on how you think Alexander will do when he comes back.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Pissed off about this being Vetoed

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:00 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:In my league I had just made a trade with the guy with SA. I would get Alexander and he'd get Tatum and M. Barber. I wouldn't say it was completely unfair. This guy didn't have any RBs whatsoever. But, my league vetoed it. I hate league votes!

Absolutely crazy trade. GARBAGE. I would have vetoed this one too. Tatum isn't even gauranteed to play and MB3 is the 3rd down RB. He has held on to SA this long and now he's going to trade him for nothing the week before he comes back? GARBAGE!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:07 pm

On paper it looks like an extremely lopsided trade IF SA comes back healthy. I think we really need to know the records of both teams though before saying that the trade is vetoable. It's only vetoable if collusion is suspected. Otherwise the lopsided trade should be approved. And just because it looks lopsided one way on paper doesn't mean it will turn out that way. In every league you have some owners who don't understand how to or when to use their power of veto. That's why it's always better to leave the power of veto to 1 or 2 people. In most of my leagues the commish and co-commish have the power of veto and it's basically never used because the owners aren't cheaters. "Lopsided" trades should not be vetoed and that's a huge problem throughout fantasy football.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:20 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:On paper it looks like an extremely lopsided trade IF SA comes back healthy. I think we really need to know the records of both teams though before saying that the trade is vetoable. It's only vetoable if collusion is suspected. Otherwise the lopsided trade should be approved. And just because it looks lopsided one way on paper doesn't mean it will turn out that way. In every league you have some owners who don't understand how to or when to use their power of veto. That's why it's always better to leave the power of veto to 1 or 2 people. In most of my leagues the commish and co-commish have the power of veto and it's basically never used because the owners aren't cheaters. "Lopsided" trades should not be vetoed and that's a huge problem throughout fantasy football.

I play in a league where I'm the commish and I have veto power. I haven't vetoed a trade in years because the managers are pretty much free to manage their own teams. And since everyone is pretty knowledgable it's worked out well.

I can see the owner of the SA team needing to get RBs if he doesn't have any. It makes sense to save his season. But thats not what he's doing here. He's getting in return a 3rd down back and an injured back who has probably lost his job when he comes back. There is no upside to the trade. It makes no sense. And I don't even have confidence in Alexander coming back like he played last year EVER. But he should be able to net you more than 2 BU RBs and 1 that will miss the game Alexander is going to miss. Trade is garbage on the surface and the deeper you dig the more it stinks.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:05 pm

I would need to know:

- the rest of the teams players
- the size of the league
- redraft/keeper/dynasty
- current standings

to make an accurate decision. Most of this is moot if this is a redraft anyway, but if the guy only had one viable RB and you started two I could possibly see a reason.

Most likely though you're trying to pull one off and mad they caught you.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mrblitz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:16 pm

Personally, I think the advantage was yours in the deal. However, I don't find it vetoable at all.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby gtgrad95 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:24 pm

I don't think this trade is vetoable at all. Nobody has any idea how SA will do for the rest of the year, and when and if he even comes back. The same for the matter of T. Bell. If it makes sense to the teams involved and it's a win-win for both, then it should be allowed. The veto is way overused and needs to be reserved for extreme circumstances like trading Larry Johnson for TJ Duckett or something like that.
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:26 pm

Come to think of it, it may have had something to do with the fact that I was trading with the last place team. Oh well...
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk